1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

doubt in blouse cutting

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by radhikagiri, Mar 20, 2013.

1. radhikagiri

radhikagiri New IL'ite

Hi

I am a beginner in sewing and i have a doubt regarding scye depth for armhole in blouses and kameez. Is it good to take direct measurement of the scye depth i.e from nape of the neck to my armhole endpoint or to use the formula 1/6 bust + 1. which is the best method to determine scye depth to get perfect fitting.

2. Vini K

Vini K Bronze IL'ite

I personally take my measurements from nape of neck to armhole point,because my body proportions are a little different.You can try stitching one with the 1/6th bust formula.if it does not work,go by your body measurement.I found out the hard way that my body measurements donot conform to standard formulas...wasted about 20 blouse pieces before I realised where I was going wrong...

3. radhikagiri

radhikagiri New IL'ite

thanks vini for your suggestion i will try both the methods and find out which one suits for my body type

4. sewnembcrazy

sewnembcrazy Silver IL'ite

it depends on your body arm and of course the type of your dress as some requiore loose fit and some close but saree blouse is a close fitted garment adnd dont forget it also depends on the type of cloth you r stitching as some are stretchy and some arn't hope it helps any further question is always welcome

5. radhikagiri

radhikagiri New IL'ite

Hi sewnembcrazy

Thanks for your reply....if i take direct measurement of arm scye from the body how much of ease should i add and also the sleeve always becomes shorter than the bodice armhole. can u tell me ho wto draft a perfect sleeve.