Am I pregnant?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by devotee, Apr 12, 2007.

1. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anoo.p,

Yes mostly 90% it is positive only. Just to confirm again take test in first sample of urine(morning) after 1 or 2days.

All the best. Take care.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hey Anoo,
    Congrats! Certainly sounds like you are pregnant. As for symptoms, not everyone has them and in any case most of them only start after 6 - 8 weeks. Breast tenderness is a symptom btw. Guess you should think abt a doctor's appoitment soon...

Vanathi.

3. Anoo.p

Anoo.p New IL'ite

Thanks all i am lil relaxed now ,, yeah we are planning to take appointment asap ,,,and i'll definitely share with u all after coming ,,,,u know after taking HPT today in the morning i told my husband the result and the next immediate thing i did was switch on the laptop and post the thread.well i want to reveal to family(both in laws and parents) as soon as it gets confirmed with doctor even they are very anxious.ok friends ,,,, thanq Mitra , Gokusha and Vanathi
    for replying ,,,,even am very very curious.Let the New yr bring happiness to all ,,,,,soon i'll be back ,,,hope with the good news,,bbye

4. danu_2020

danu_2020 New IL'ite

Missed my periods - when should I test?

Hi everybody,
    I have a missed period. It is 41st day. I tested for pregnancy but it showed negative. So far i didn't get delayed periods. Next what should I do? Do Urine tests sometimes show wrong results. Please do reply

5. sunita04

sunita04 New IL'ite

Re: Who am i

plz do the test again after a week. Same thing happened with me once and it came out positive in the 2nd test.

6. prettywomen123

prettywomen123 Senior IL'ite

Your suggestions pls

Hi ladies,

I've got a problem and need your suggestions. I was diagnosed with bilateral PCos 2 yrs back. After this my periods was very irregular. once in 3months like that. I was given medicines in India to take for 6 months and if I had medicines I would get my periods. Again periods stopped. Then again I took medicines for another 6 months. Now I live in UK so here when i used to go to the doc, they never considered this an issue and said that only after marriage I need to consult a doctor.I got married last 3 months back and we are trying. My hubby wants me to find out if I am pregnant. There are no symptoms. I got my last period in March. I am unsure how to test this?

As I said only if I took medicines I used to get my perriods. I went to doctor recently in Uk and now they have asked me to take a blood test and a scan. I thought I will ask u guys for an suggestions u may have.

Thanks

7. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

Re: Your suggestions pls

I assume the medicines you are taking are Oral Contraceptive Pills. They act as a contraception so chances of pregnancy is quite less. If you are really worried, you can also buy a home pregnancy test kit and check as well. If you want to get pregnant, you need to first stop the pills and undergo some treatments .

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  8. VendiVennela

VendiVennela New IL'ite

Re: Your suggestions pls

Hi prettywomen123,

You can buy a home pregnancy test from any drugstore and test it at home. It is simple and instructions will be on the pack.

If you have PCOS and are only getting periods when you take medicines may be loosing some weight, eating proper diet and exercising might help. If you are insulin resistent maybe some medicine like Glucophase/metformin might help. You consult your doctor and explain the issues and let's hope they will direct you in the right path.
    There is lot of info related to PCOS online.

Hope your preg test comes out positive.

9. naomi

naomi New IL'ite

Not sure if i am pregnant, when is best to test?

i have been using the BC pill, though I think I maybe pregnant so i stopped last week on friday 25th july.

my last period/ 7 day break started 20th june-27th june, i have not been good had taking the pill at same time everyday.

on 14thjuly i had unprotected sex, i woild had been due my period around the 18th july though instead of taking the 7 day break i decided to continue the next pack until i decided to stop on friday 25th july as i have feeling i maybe pregnant.

i thought i would have had withdrawal bleeding since stoppping the pill but i havent yet and has been 3days off so i decided to take a pregnancy test today, which showed negative.

should i expect withdrawal bleed from stopping the pill if i am not pregnant?

is it likely i will be pregnant since i have not withdrawal bleed yet from stopping the pill and as i continued taking the pill when i was supposed to have period i dont know if i have missed that period ?
    its been 14 days exactly since unprotrotected sex, though has shown neg, but i did not test in the morning when it is supposed to be best time.

i need some advise about this, i have had lower abdominal pain, dizziness, nausea in the second week since having intercourse

thank you for any replies

10. Uma Jogi

Uma Jogi Senior IL'ite

Re: Not sure if i am pregnant, when is best to test?

Actually there are chances to get pregnant during the ovulation times...if ur cycle is a perfect 28 day cycle then ur ovulation day would be on 14th day from ur periods....
    During this ovulation the egg gets released in to any of the fallopian tubes...the egg survives for only 24hrs...so there are chances of conception only if u had intercourse before and after that ovulation till ur next period starts...
    As the sperm survives for 5 to 6 days....after they enter ur body...so ...hope u understand what am saying...!!
    If u had ur intercourse during ur ovulation time and now if u had a missed period...just wait for atleast a week and then check for the pregnancy tests...!! and then confirm...from a diagnostic center for best results...!! Generally they say ...having the pregnancy test with early morning urine samples will give the accurate results..!!
    All the Best...!! Goodluck..!!