1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to record husband's abusive,belittling words?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sainaidu, Mar 10, 2013.

1. sainaidu

sainaidu New IL'ite

My husband is overly abusive. He controls me but acts very charming outside. I need to record all conversations and let others( my myinlaws ) know his yelling ,breaking things at home. I use my camera to take pictures and videos. These may be used legally if he crosses his limit.Any suggestionsOILS?

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

You already are using your camera for pictures and video. When he starts getting threatening, you could record his speech on your phone. I sincerely hope he doesn't harm you physically. What you could do is write down the date and time of abuse in a diary or something with details so that you don't put yourself at risk with the phone.

I just read your other post where you have replied. It is indeed wise of you to not start a family until issues between you both are sorted out.

How much evidence would you need? If you are able to support yourself, why not leave before things get worse? Have you consulted a professional about this? I think law firms give you 1 hour free consultation. Also check for domestic abuse helplines. Or get in touch with the local police station by yourself and ask about your options.

I saw that you had written, "I will teach him a lesson." Dear OP, please remember it is not important to teach him a lesson. What is important is your safety and sanity. If you are in a dead end relationship, I strongly suggest that you work on your self esteem, get your (justified) anger under control and take charge of your life constructively.

All the best, dear.

3. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Why do you want to show his drama to inlaws? Unless they are angels, abusing you will only make them happy...

There are things like spy pens etc available on amazon...use one of those to record and keep it safe.

If he is getting physically abusive, call the cops NOW

4. thaman

thaman New IL'ite

Pls don't do that mistake by showing it to others, the result will be very bad. Unless he physically does anything don't take any step it will really break your relationship. Ignore his words for some time......... Even if he comes to know that you recorded his video, things will be worse. Let him go his way but when he is good mood try to tell him about your problem........

5. pdarshini

pdarshini Silver IL'ite

May be her husband is really sweet in front of his parents...so she may want them to know his behavior by recording videos as none of any boys parents would believe their sons bad behavior simply by DIL words...I think she hopes that her husband would change if his parents would confront his behaviour
    Please use the voice recorder option of cell phone if in your hand...You can easily assign a key to immediately open voice recorder...otherwise like someone said u get many spy cameras in amazon...I saw many deals coming in groupon too...try them...

6. sainaidu

sainaidu New IL'ite

I just need to prove my inlaws and others that he is the worst person. They know about their son and do not want to tell outside that he is at fault. It is like i trigger. My husband acts in front of others as though he is over caring. But always humiliates me calling me names,gets triggered for trivial reasons very irresponsible. My parents pay for everything. I may need it for abuse grounds- divorce

7. Marriages

Marriages Junior IL'ite

Dear OP,
    Read your recent posts, ur H is very similar to mine, everyone on this planet wants to marry a person like him - coz he is so fake in his behaviour in front of people , he changes immediately in front of my father that my father believes his words now but Ai know and my God knows what a B he is , and like your H , my H has tortured me verbal immensely . First of all , his parents will never listen to any word or proof of the son , if you do have proofs they will help u in legal battle. He would very quickly find out that ur recording him, u should immediately send it and save it in your mail . ( if you do find a way of secure recording please help me also) as when he stars shouting at me first thing he does is he checks my phone and there is always this red line that appears on ph which lets another person know that I am recording. ( very fraustating) Good luck dear OP