Indians in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by peacocksss, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Tia22

Tia22 New IL'ite

Hi Manasi,

Welcome aboard..!!..just try to visit IL often to get some good friends.. :)..hope u will post here soon...tk cr

2. Tia22

Tia22 New IL'ite

Hi Vanathi,

Welcome to u too..!!..hope u will keep posting here to get in touch with all..tk cr :)

3. vanathiram

vanathiram Bronze IL'ite

Hi Laxmi,
    All the best for your move.
    These links have some details on the checklist for your move.
    Regarding temporary accomodation, you can look in gumtree.com.au, realestate.com.au or domain.com.au for furnished short term accomodations. It will be a bit costly compared to normal rentals, but will be a lot cheaper than hotels.

A list of things you need to do before you emigrate
    A list of things to do when you arrive - Parts 1 to 4

4. vanathiram

vanathiram Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Tia. It was very kind of you.

5. maddy17

maddy17 Bronze IL'ite

Hi guys maddy here....i have been living in point cook for 6 years now and use to live in brunswick before that. Any one from western suburbs?

6. prithvikishore

prithvikishore New IL'ite

Hi,
    Hope you are doing good.
    We are from Chennai.
    I am a dependent PR holder and my wife is primary applicant.
    We (my self, my wife and our 2yr old son) are planning to move to Aus in the 2nd week of Apr'13.
    We got a PR Visa and in that, my wife's old PP number was updated and the PP number is not yet updated in the PR Visa copy. Is that any problem and In what cases we'll get problem.
    Were are you settle in Aus? We are planning to move to Mel. If you settle in some other city please let us know from which city you are and guide us what are the good places to live in your city. If you can guide us for the accommodation places like any good / safe / close to schools "Suburbs" and close to transport.
    We also happy to get accommodation which is 45mins travel to CBD.
    We are waiting for your positive response.
    Thanks
    With regards
    Kishore & Theja

7. mandeepsingh

mandeepsingh Junior IL'ite

Hi Kishore, Theja...

I am staying in Maribyrnong which is approx 45 min from Melbourne CBD by Tram. You can get good accommodation here and there are many places nearby where you can shop or dine out. I don't know much about schools as even I am pretty new here (came in January) but have seen school buses come to drop kids right next to my house. So I guess that will not be an issue for you. As for the transport, you have Tram services for a good part of the day and even the tram stations/stops are very near to my house. I live in Wests Road, Maribyrnong.

8. SaradhaRaj

SaradhaRaj Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

Am saradha from tamil nadu...my hubby, son (4) and myself got our PR visas this january. Hubby hails from madurai and myself from coimbatore. We have chosen melb for our destiny as if seems to offer jobs in our field.

Hubby is a mech engineer working in the manufacturing/production industry for 14 years now. He is planning to come over to melb this june. We are hoping he lands in a job by 3 months atleast so that myself n kid could come over to join him by august. Our deadline for initial entry is sept 12th.

I find this thread as a platform to meet ppl at melb b4 our move. Would love to make friends so that i dont feel let alone when i land.
    As the time for moving out approaches, i need some warmth n support from successful migrants like u all so that i dont face cold feet:)

Do keep in touch. All advices/suggestions for planning the move are welcome. Packing/ticket reservations/job search/ sharing n rental ideas...offff...so much to do...any info that u guys offer would be highly regarded with gratitude.

Thanks,
    Sara

9. SaradhaRaj

SaradhaRaj Senior IL'ite

@jeya : i see u r there for a long time now...your posts are depictive of ur friendly nature.
    Hows life for u at mel...do u have lotta indian friends? U r basically from madurai right? My ancestral place n my hubby's place is mdu..anna nagar?..n u?

Cheers,
    Sara

10. SaradhaRaj

SaradhaRaj Senior IL'ite

Hi vanathi...u have moved in to melb recently? How was ur journey n initial set up? If possible share ur job hunt n house hunt experiences...am planning to move in about 4 months, so suggestions on planning are what i crave for...hope to stay in touch.

Cheers,
    Sara