Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks. In SBS forum, i have shown how to keep paneer soft in detail. Please refer to that.

2. Chitvish

Following the tips in detail, is what you have done, Damini and no wonder, sweet success is yours! Thanks :)

1 person likes this.
  3. vaishu199

vaishu199 New IL'ite

nice recipes

1 person likes this.
  4. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,
    We had newly-weds for dinner yesterday. The bride won't have onion, garlic, potato,gobi etc & the groom won't eat curd! I initially thought of doing a traditional sambar, rasam menu, but made Sweet corn vegetable soup with MW croutons, Dhokla with green chutney, Chapathi with Jain Paneer kofta, Bisibela Bath with appalam, Kalyana Rasam & Badham Kheer. More than me the couple were relieved to see athe menu:).
    Dhokla came out super spongy & DH loved it. The couple were happy to see kofta without potato & the gravy without onion.'Even without onion it is tasty' was their reaction.DS loved the soup. Badham Kheer was very tasty as well. The couple enjoyed the 'non traditional but within the parameters' menu:thumbsup.
    Frankly, I would have never tried the Jain Kofta recipe as we eat onions. But itwas very tasty.Glad I did! Thank you so much for a perfect dinner:bowdown.
    Love,
    Damini.

4 people like this.
  5. Chitvish

Dear Damini,"within parameters", but still a varied range :)
    So nice to read your FB, as usual.
    I liked the way, you cooked

6. NayiTalaash

NayiTalaash Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitthramma ( I hope I am allowed to call you this ),
    Bed ridden with a bad back ache I have been surfing the Internet and landed on IL .
    Went through your posts and downloaded the App on my iPad. It is absolutely wonderful!
    Just the variety available itself for example in te Dal section is amazing.
    A great help for my husband in his amateur efforts in the kitchen ....
    Thank you for this :)

1 person likes this.
  7. harinikanthi

harinikanthi Silver IL'ite

dear chitvish mam, i tried pasta (penne with merinara sauce)yesterday as evening snack for my dd.she liked it very much.i very rarely do pasta.just buy the pack, use the masala given with it.never tried anything else.because i dont know anything .u have given so many recipes. actually nowadays, whether trying or not i am just hooked to this forum,go on seeing ur recipes and posts.saw the discussion about the eyya chombu for rasam yesterday.i too just love the rasam made in it. but when everyone said that is injurious to health,my mom stopped doing in it. i want to buy that. as u have mentioned i am going to get it from triplicane .r u using the same now? will u recommend the eyya chombu? if u tell surely i will get it.(what a taste,i can never forget it)

8. Chitvish

Thanks Talaash!! Dhals are the easiest to cook. I have given any no: of varieties!! Niceof you to acknowledge here. Do stay tuned :)

9. Chitvish

Oh, Harini, you seem to be browsing deeply :)
    Yes, I still use the eeya chembu, but one has to be on the guard & around. I love my eeya chombu rasam. Buy durum wheat pasta, not maida pasta. It is good for health too.

10. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra
    How are you doing? Your recipes are part of my cooking everyday.
    I made Badam kheer last weekend (your MW method).Super yummy, very simple to make.
    Made akki roti, puli aval(my husband's all time fav) and carrot kheer (my daughter requested).
    Aloo paratha today for both my daughters. It was perfect and it even puffed up on the tava. I was very proud. I struggled to make good rotis and parathas for a long time. I am getting the hang of it now.
    Rajasthani Ram kitchdi is our family favourite. I always convert it in to kitchdi balls and enjoy it as a great snack.

Thank you so much for all you do.
    My father is visiting me . He is landing on Monday. So I am preparing to cook new everyday. Excited to cook for him. Your Mysore rasam powder is my staple as my father is a rasam lover.

Love
    Shobana