Mutton pepper ...

Discussion in 'NonVegetarian Kitchen' started by Annasri, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Annasri

Annasri Silver IL'ite

Hi ,I took this recipe from t.v long back and we have done several times and my children likes this ,it's too spicy u can increase r reduce the spice according to u r liking .
    For 1/2 kg of boneless mutton ,cut into small cubes .
    In a pressure cooker add mutton,10 to 12 green chilles cut into three ,coriander powder 2 tbsp,garam masala powder little,I tomatoes cubed.turmeric powder and needed salt and give two vissil ,the mutton should get cooked .dont add any water the water in the mutton itself is enough.
    In a pan take 1/2 cup of small onion cut ,sauté in a tawa using gingly oil ,add curry leaves,coriander leaves,then after a while ,add the water alone to the onion let the onion absorbs the taste of the mutton water and after the onion gets cooked in that water add the mutton and sauté nicely like thoku .atlast add grounded pepper.
    Everybody will feel how without red chilli powder ,but try this then u all will say like anjappar mutton thoku.

2. ksubasri

ksubasri Junior IL'ite

Hi Annasri,

I too cook the same way the mutton ,as my elder son likes this recipe. But i dont add green chilly. Instead that add more pepper only. Really very tasty thokku.try all off u who eat mutton.

3. Annasri

Annasri Silver IL'ite

Subha ,the recipe I took had green chillies and not pepper ,but we love pepper finally so I use to add crushed pepper at the end.

4. kokila19

kokila19 Bronze IL'ite

Hi, One question, pressure cook the mutton without adding water?

5. Annasri

Annasri Silver IL'ite

S kokila,the water in the mutton plus tomatoes everything is enough if u r afraid add very little water.because after pressure cooking when u open u will find lt of water and then u have to use all that water for onion cooking

6. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Sounds interesting But 10 to 12 green chillies ooooof and then pepper will it not be too hottttt....

7. Annasri

Annasri Silver IL'ite

Manju if u feel too much chilli then reduce the chillies according to u r taste,since u r adding coriander powder the spiciness in chilli will b less .