how to get rid of past life karma??

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by mailme7780, Jun 19, 2012.

1. swamy24598

swamy24598 New IL'ite

Alpha state is achievable through hypnosis, meditation, visualization as well as many technological methods.
    Some methods are binaural beats, magnetic pulses and audible sound with a ultrasonic carrier wave.
    Binaural beats can be best downloaded free from many websites.

(Since you already an therapist, it would be easy for you to go for Yoga which has many great solutions to speedy results of the mental health. You can start some yoga exercises to get best control of your brain and external thoughts.)

2. 12adityas

12adityas Bronze IL'ite

There is a way.

Karma is primarily of three types. Sanchita, prarabdha, and aagame. If you are a brahmin, then your sanchita karma has been wiped out, and you are only left with prarabhda karma and aagame karma. Just FYI. Your question seems to be on prarabdha karma.

Reading Bhagavad Gita, with nishta (after bath every morning, same time every day), is known to remove all three karmas.

1 person likes this.
  3. Arunaravi

Arunaravi Silver IL'ite

Yes I need counselling
    Aruna

4. Krsnapriya

Krsnapriya Senior IL'ite

Dear friend,

I am sorry that you are presently going through tough times.
    Remember, " When the going gets tough, the tough get going". So, please don't lose heart under any circumstances. In this material world, we are always plagued by 3 kinds of miseries - Adhyatmika ( due to our own body & mind), Adhi Bhautika (miseries due to other living entities like family, animals, friends, strangers etc) and Adhi Daivika ( miseries due to natural calamities like floods, Tsunamis, earthquakes, famines etc) There is no escape unless we surrender ourselves to the Supreme Lord.
    Gajendra Moksham.jpg

You must be familiar with the above picture and the story behind it. I will just narrate it briefly.

The elephant in the picture is Gajendra, who was a King by name Indradyumna in his previous birth.But due to his past karma, he took birth as an elephant in his next birth. Once while he was bathing in a lake, a crocodile caught hold of his leg and tried to pull him into the water. Gajendra's life was in danger. He tried to release himself very hard from the crocodile's vice-like grip but could not succeed. His friends and relatives tried to pull him out , but they also failed. Thus, a great fight ensued between Gajendra and the crocodile for thousand years. Slowly, the elephant began to lose his enthusiasm , his physical and mental strength to fight as he was in water which was a foreign condition to him. Whereas, the crocodile being a water animal was gaining in strength and a time cam when Gajendra lost all hope. In this condition, he suddenly remembered a mantra which he was reciting when he was a king in his previous birth. This is known as Gajendra's prayers. This pastime and the prayers are described in the Srimad Bhagavatam , 8th canto (Skanda), 3rd chapter very beautifully.
    He called out in full surrender to the Supreme Lord to protect him from this dangerous situation by reciting this mantra.
    Lord Hari, who resides in the heart of all living beings as Paramatma, understood his prayers and immediately came on His Garuda. The Lord then killed the crocodile and released Gajendra from certain death. Gajendra also then attained Moksha.

We are also in the same situation in our lives. When there is great difficulty, no one except God can help us.
    So, Please try to read these prayers, if you can get them. May be available in Google. Also, please chant Hari naama atleast 108 times everyday sincerely ( Maha mantra given below). I am sure You will be able to cope with your problems in life and emerge brilliant like a cut diamond.

Please chant
    Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
    Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Love and prayers,
    Krsnapriya

1 person likes this.
  5. Sugopidevidasi

Sugopidevidasi New IL'ite

Dear friends,
    Hare Krishna.
    This is my second post after my introductory post. As I have mentioned there, I am a disciple of Swami Prabhupada, Founder-Acharya of International Society for Krishna Consciousness. I have learnt a lot about life and its purpose from the teachings of His Divine Grace. So, I would like to share the same with you all through these forums. I am also glad to see that some other members also are sharing the same.

I see that this an old query raised in June'12. But the same question may arise in the minds of many others too.I also find that responses are still coming as late as Jan'13. So, guess I am not too late.

To answer this query, I quote the following verse here:

From 'Brahma Samhita', Text 54 : Brahma Samhita is the prayers offered by Lord Brahma to Lord Krishna.

yas tv indragopam athavendram aho sva-karma-
    bandhanurupa-phala-bhajanam atanoti
    karmani nirdahati kintu ca bhakti bhajam
    govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami

The translation of this verse is:
    " I adore the primeval Lord Govinda, who burns up to their roots, all fruitive activities (karma) of those, who are imbued with devotion and
    impartially ordains for each the due enjoyment of the fruits of one's activities of all those who walk in the path of work, in accordance with the chain of their previously performed works,
    no less in the case of the tiny insect that bears the name of Indragopa than in that of Indra, the king of heaven"

From Lord Indra to Indragopa, an insignificant insect, everyone is reaping the consequences of his/her karma. We are creating our own karma, our next body, in this life. In this life we enjoy or suffer the results of our past karma, and in the same way we are creating further karma for our next body. Actually we should work in such a way that we will not get another material body, How can this be done? We simply have to try to understand Krishna. As Krishna says in Bhagavad-gitä (4.9):
    janma karma ca me divyam
    evam yo vetti tattvatah
    tyaktvä deham punar janma
    naiti mäm eti so 'rjuna

"One who knows the transcendental nature of My appearance and activities does not, upon leaving the body, take his birth again in this material world, but attains My eternal abode, O Arjuna."

This sounds very simple, but actually understanding Krishna is very difficult. If we become devotees of Krishna, understanding Krishna is easy. The simplest way to become Krishna's devotee is to chant the Hare Krishna Mahamantra and follow four regulative principles viz. No meat-eating, no intoxication, no gambling & no illicit-sex.

Chant and Be Happy,

Wishing you all happiness always,
    Sugopi

6. vimala1407

vimala1407 New IL'ite

7. swamy24598

swamy24598 New IL'ite

Go for a good counceller in your area...
    GOD bless you to come out of all of your psychological problems...

8. SweetGirl20

SweetGirl20 Silver IL'ite

Sir..what is punya jathagam, many astrologers says mine is a punya jathagam

9. swamy24598

swamy24598 New IL'ite

Punya Jaathakam refers to the benefic impacts of the planets on the native, spouse and children.

When certain houses of the natal chart are associated with Kendra & Trikona Lords or associated with natural benefic planets with other benefic aspects, the benefic effects of those planets on aspect and conjunction, would bestow benefic results to the native through out the life, based on the yogic combinations of the planets. But this entirely dependent only based on the natal chart, based on the Karmic position of the native, which can be found out with the help of thorough analysis and interpretation of D-1, D-9, D-27 and D-60 chart of the native.

The real impact of the planets on the Karmic nature of the native, the propitiation to be done to increase or sustain the benefic results can also be found from the D-60 chart, provided, and this has to be done only by well known experienced person, who are in the field of astrology.

Hope this clears, what is Punya Jathagam.

10. SweetGirl20

SweetGirl20 Silver IL'ite

Thanks sir..can you please predict when will my marriage happen?
    DOB : 20.02.1986 - 6.40 am - MADURAI

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013