Self defense techniques

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Geetamohan, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Geetamohan

Geetamohan Bronze IL'ite

Hello friends!
    In the backdrop of Delhi-gang rape, it is necessary to learn at least some basic techniques to protect ourselves. As you have come across not this is the first there are many happened and still happening. I don't think this will happen to every one but learning some of these are really beneficial
    I am mother of two, totally moved by the situation. From my side I joined my daughter in karate classes as new year resolution, she is 13 now. I have taken some points from her notes and presenting here

firstly, don't panic. Estimate the surroundings

1) grow your nails sharply, always maintain well with manicure ,coz they are the first protective aids when nothing is around. Never show laziness on nails and dont cut them too deep. A pierce on both eyes will save you
    2) We, have teeth on one end of opening in the body ,if we are provided with the other opening( ladies), we then easily bite there which was entering against our wishes. But remember, males have testis which are as sensitive as eye balls. A right hard timely punch will save you a lot.
    3) Learn to give a hard punch with your closed fists ; practice this on old hard pillow or even while you are kneading dough :rotfl

I hope it's worth for reading. I appreciate all your suggestions and some more techniques.
    I post some more according to responce

2. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

U can download some apps in your mobile like Bsafe and SOS whistle which r free ...these r real help in self defence.

3. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

I too have downloaded these apps.