My job sucks right now... Pls Help

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by soni1987, Dec 8, 2012.

1. soni1987

soni1987 Bronze IL'ite

My job timing from 8 to 5:30 that is i have to start from 7 to 6:30 ...my son only 8 months n have to be kept in baby sitting as maid in house will cost too much as we stay in kuwait.... My boss sucks right now.. Lady manager always nagging for small things... i am working as her secretary she want me to look after all her personal needs. I should not talk to any one else except some selected office staff n her. I don't understand how to continue job here... My visa not transferred to company name, my husband is sponsor for me but my passport is with my manager, she kept it with her for security reasons. Now i told her 2 times i want to leave (gave some reasons) but she doing maska polish n not letting me go... she like me a lot give me gifts some times, even we have lunch together everyday share food, all good but her behavior so irritating for small things she will shout like hell. Many times i even cried. Please tell me tricks how can i take my passport back... n run from here.:drowning

2. sashacurios

sashacurios Silver IL'ite

Maybe you can say you r going to india for vacation and get the passport! But try act you are happy working with her for a few days before you bring up the vacation story.

3. soni1987

soni1987 Bronze IL'ite

Yes but we have mutually agreed to this decision that I will go to india only on Oct 2013.... Then how can i say suddenly going to India for what.

4. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Soni,

Be honest and tell her you cannot work any longer with her. If you feel she is unapproachable, try to cite a health reason and get a release. Usually, health reasons work in these situations.

Arch

1 person likes this.
  5. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

You can say that there is a personal emeergency at home and you are required.

Ask you family members from India to call you and also talk to your manager about the emergency (made-up). There is a law in Saudi to that effext. Not sure in Kuwait.

You can try and see is this works.

6. raj77

raj77 Bronze IL'ite

Soni,

Either tell her that your kid needs you and you want to spend time with your son and leave the company.Think about how she reacts.First try to understand what is her mentality and react according to that.Tell the kids reason or as other op's posted here, tell some urgent need that you have to be in India.

All the best :)

1 person likes this.
  7. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi Soni,
    You can tell her how stressed you are feeling because of her behavior. Give her a feedback. Being a woman, she must be able to understand your responsibilities at home and towards your child.
    Tell her you want to understand your professional responsibilities and can do those jobs and that you cannot do her personal work.
    Try to converse with her without confrontation.
    If things dont work out, ask her to respect your decision and request her to let you go.
    Hope this helps

Regards
    Yamuna

8. happylife123

happylife123 Silver IL'ite

i second raj77's idea. tell her you want to be with the kid.