1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My son cries in leg pain after school

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by AnithaPartha, Nov 19, 2012.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,
    My son cries with leg pain in the night time after his school hours. Can you please suggest what should I do?

Am already applying some amount of coconut oil and giving a good massage to his legs & arms.

Can anyone tell me if there is any other oil we could use for pain healing purpose?

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anitha Sister,

Please check for the cause of leg pain before medication probably you could eliminate what is causing him the pain or reduce the strain.

Once you decide what is cause we could supplement some food items to make him stronger.

May Baba be with him and ease his pain and comfort him too...

1 person likes this.
  3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Anitha,

Have you consulted paediatrician..if yes share what they said.. My son also complained leg pain few days back.. i asked our family homeopath over phone he said this pain called as "growth" or "growing" pain many kids feel this.. my BIL a physician also told me same thing.. then we addes calcium supplement as i felt he may be lacking many things due to his food allergies.. calcium doses were given by my BIL.. now no complains.. if you visited paed share their advise.. as you can see we are in china language problem stops me to visit doctors unless its urgent.

1 person likes this.
  4. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Yes it is mostly growing pains.

Moreover No matter how many times we tell those little ones to sit down, they usually never listen because of excitement during play :)

I have spent many a nights without sleep massaging leg with amruthanjan + coconut oil combo. :)
    After massage, wrap the legs with bed sheet.

Giving warm bath before sleep helps them with the pain.

5. chaitusri

chaitusri Silver IL'ite

Yes Anitha just 4 days back dr advised me for my 4yrs old Son that no need of any medication or supplements as they are growing pains, ask him to have more fruits and leafy vegetables.

If you are a non-vegetarian -from my cousins I heard mutton bones soup works well with kids for strengthening bones and muscels, try it out.

Chaitusri

6. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

ok... i too join the party ... my 6 year old son too has the same pain and my doctors too have told me its growth pain... but i have one question to all

has anyone's child experienced pain in the knee or is it just muscles ?? my son complains of pain in the knee.. which is very surprising for me..given his age...

anybody on the same boat ??