Miscellaneous Pujas

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by padmaa, Nov 10, 2006.

1. sh2004

sh2004 New IL'ite

Re: Suggest some Pooja

Are you from Karnataka because in karnataka only we call thithi.

2. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Re: Suggest some Pooja

hi,

I stay in bangalore.But my home town is chennai.IN tamil we say it as Tharpanam or thithi.As i do not know your details I mentioned the common word thithi.

3. Rupi

Rupi New IL'ite

How to do Rahukala Pooja?

Hi,

Can anyone tel me how to do Rahukala pooja.. I want to do this pooja, but i dont know how and what to do?

So it will be great if someone can tel me on how to do this pooja?

Thanks in advance...

Regards....

4. hopeforgood

hopeforgood New IL'ite

Re: How to do Rahukala Pooja?

Hi Rupi

Below listed is the procedure I follow to do the pooja. I am following this affter I read several articles on how to do this pooja and also after speaking to my mom as how she has done it.

Find out the rahu kalam of that particular day..(for different days like monday usually its from 7:30 to 9AM etc) this is based on the sunrise and sunset timings and we have rahu kalam calculators which will help us find out the rahu kalam for that day however as its really very tedious job to know the sunrise and sunset time and to use the calculator etc...our astrologers and elders have given a rough timing of the rahu kalam for different days of the week. (let me know if you neeed the rahu kalam info I will post it here again)..

to do the pooja...on that day of the pooja I take head bath and i wont eat anything till that rahu kalam time and take a lemon cut it into 2 equal pieces squeeze out the juice and turn them inside out (they will be hollow)...and put ghee into them and a wick...and light the deepam during the rahu kalam time...and while the deepam is on...try to chant any durga devi slokas and offer some prasad or fruit and aarathi.... and then i have my food....my mom told me to make pulihora with that squeezed out lemon juice and offer it to devi as prasad....sometimes i do sometimes i offer milk or fruits..

Reg. the no. of the lamps to offer..if you are planning to do 4 or 6 or 8 or 10 (tuesdays or fridays or saturdays etc) first decide how many weeks you want to do..if it is only once its ok..if you are planning to do it for X no. of weeks...every week increase one lemon..like this week if you cut 1 lemon (u will have 2 pieces i.e 2 diyas), next week cut 2 lemons (u will have 4 pieces i.e 4 diyas) like that you can increase based on the no. of weeks you want to do...

Hope this info helps....Good Luck this is really a very powerful pooja and helps a lot...I heard there is a rahu ketu transit on 9th April..i.e wednesday..i beleive it is also a good day if you want to light the lamp....(I did it on a tuesday only once..but again am planning to start off by deciding on X no. of weeks)....

Happy Ugadi and wish you good luck..

5. Rupi

Rupi New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks a lot for ur quick reply.. :) As suggested i will start this pooja from wednesday itself.. By the way how did u come to know that wednesday is rahu ketu transit day. is there any site whr we can see all these auspicious day? If so kindly pls tel me the link so that it willbe helpful in the future....

Once again thanks a lot for ur detailed reply... Good luck to u too... Stay happy. take care...

6. hopeforgood

hopeforgood New IL'ite

Rupi

I go through lots of astrological sites thats just a time pass of mine...and mostly when I want to do some poojas i google out the poojas and get the procedures...thats how i came to know about various poojas etc...

2008 Horoscopes | Yearly prediction | Indian Vedic astrology | Rudraksha | Astrouniverse.com this site lists out some specific imp dates and the homas or poojas they offer...usually I wont order for any homas but I try to do some poojas at home on that day if time permits....

Good Luck and thanks for your wishes...

7. Rupi

Rupi New IL'ite

Thanks once again.. noted down the site... :)

8. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

I've heard many relatives telling that this puja should be done only in temple and not at home ! It seems even Shankaracharya has advised to perform this only in any devi temple , during that rahukala time and so my aunt who used to do at home previously, started going to temple and lighting this lemon lamps there in front of durga sannidhi.

9. hopeforgood

hopeforgood New IL'ite

Yes Grace

Agreed if we have access to a temple that we can go to..its always good to do this pooja in the temple..however I live 40miles away from the temple and I have read some articles on other web sites where they said that if its not possible to go to temple during this time..it is ok to light those lamps in our home..in our pooja place..infront of durga photo or idol. so i started doing it at home...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  10. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

True hopeforgood ! I just wrote as info. so that if temple is nearby , one can preferrably do the puja there.
    What greater temple can there be, than a compassionate and devoted heart ! God is not going to be angry or reduce His blessings if we worship at our home .