can anyone tell me the KANDA SHASHTI date of November?

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by rakinya, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

Tiruchendur also the six day festival is from Nov 14 to Nov 19 and Skanda Sasthi is on Nov 19th only and tirukalyanam on Nov20th, Please check for yourself again.

Best wishes...

2 people like this.
  2. Anikarthik

Anikarthik Senior IL'ite

Hi Doll,

I do came to know that in Tiruchendure soorasamharam is on Nov 18th.Kandha shasti fasting dates are from Nov 13th-Nov19th which i follow and conclude my vrat on thirukalyanam day which is on Nov 19th.

1 person likes this.
  3. AArchana

AArchana Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies..
    In thiruparankundram the sashti started on Nov 13th (hoisted the flag on 13th) and thirukalyanam on Nov 19th..

Regards,
    Archana.

4. chennaiwoman

chennaiwoman Senior IL'ite

Hi

Kanda sashti is on nov 18. reason being that when soora samharam takes place in the evening, sashti thithi should be there. on nov 19, the sixth day as there is no sashti thithi in the eve, it is celebrated the previous day itself.

Cheers!

1 person likes this.
  5. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

so when do we need to follow the shashti fasting? On Nov 18th or 19th? I also found in the calendar that the shashti is on 19th?

6. ladki1

ladki1 Silver IL'ite

what is shasti fasting?for which god...

7. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear all,

Can some one tell me how to fast on shashti day be it nov 18 th or nov 19th? Whether we need to fast whole day and eat fruits in the evening, or one time meal in the afternoon ...various sites are giving various methods of fasting.

thanks radhi

8. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

it is for Lord Murugan

9. malarun

malarun Gold IL'ite

Hi radhikrish,

This is what I follow,
    Normal shasti vrat( the monthly one) I eat only fruits and liquid food.
    I prepare panchamrutham at home and place it in a sliver cup and then I keep one jothi vilaku on top of the panchamrutham.
    I keep five varieties of fruits to murugan,
    I decorate my murugan photo with sandal and kumkum and then put lots flower for him.
    I read sloka and skanda shashti kavacham for murugan,
    Break coconut, and show deeparadhanai for murugan in the morning.

In the evening I goto Murugan temple and then give raw rice and jaggery as dhanam, and I do archanai for murugan.

For the maha shashti I have seen people fast for the entire 6 days. they either dont eat any food and fast on fruits alone or have one time meal without salt.( I have not followed this as I cannot fast for 6 days)
    I follow what I have given below.

For shasti fasting on soorasamharam day normally we dont eat or even drink a drop of water till the soorasamharam is over.
    After the soorasamharan is over we take oil bath and then prepare panagam and keep it in front of murugan and read the skanda shashti kavasam, then I have the panagam alone nothing to eat at all.
    Next day after seeing the thirukalyanam we prepare an elaborate meal(kalyana sapadu) and then after praying to god we eat the food.

Thanks
    Malar

2 people like this.
  10. doll11

doll11 Silver IL'ite

hi...I think you saw the website of Tirchendur temple. Site is not properly updated.
    A person who is working in Tiruchendur temple informed me the message about temple's pooja.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012