1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

English-Vinglish

Discussion in 'Movies' started by bhuvanhan, Oct 5, 2012.

1. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

The producer of English Vinglish - Gauri Shinde made this movie for her mum becasue she was ashamed of her mum when she was growing up. the girl in the movie playing shashi's daughter is what Gauri Shinde was in real life to her mum, this movie was dedicated to her mum.
    I really loved this movie i went to watch it twice and i cried both the times, i had a daughter like the one in the movie i would really straighten her out, shashi's son is really good and always took his mum's side. On the other hand the husband never encouraged her to go and study english, the will power shashi had and the determination she had shows that we can do anything, my mum is 70yrs old but when she is determined to do something she will do it. i really love her for that and she is our role model.
    love
    alpa:cheers

4 people like this.
  2. IndhuRamesh

IndhuRamesh Platinum IL'ite

With all so nice comments I should really watch this movie this weekend.

3. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

When I was a kid (I was 7 years then),I saw a movie "Jagadeka veerudu athiloka sundari" and I was so much in awe...I thought she was perfect for the role of an angel...she looked the part. Since then she was my fav actress. Whenever she acts, you can feel the chill in your spine. Some notable roles where her power packed performances pierced my soul are Khuda gawah, Kshana kshanam, gumraah, lamhe, sadma, chandni, chaalbaaz and laadla. Not to mention her great comic timing in Mr India. The climax scene and couple other scenes in English vinglish add to that list. She is awesome. Expression queen!!

1 person likes this.
  4. ruchibatra9

ruchibatra9 New IL'ite

I was not sure if i wanted to watch this movie in a theater or not but after reading your reviews I think I am buying myself tickets for the weekend. Thanks for the reviews guys.

5. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Its a very nice movie...Watched it with my mum and dad in the theatre///

1 person likes this.
  6. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

What a movie... i wanted to see it again and again.. Best performance by Sredevi.. she was so so natural.. That Shashi is not going out from my mind.. i too cried at some scenes.. The best movie, and the best come back for Sreedevi..

2 people like this.
  7. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful movie.. Loved it and yes i did cry for Shashi's achievement.. We can totally relate to this as most of our moms have this trouble.

Sridevi has a way of showing her innocence and it was beautiful for Shashi's feelings. Great Sridevi ! Great come-back..

5 people like this.
  8. jaykay

jaykay Bronze IL'ite

Loved every bit of the movie! Sridevi is superb as Shashi!

1 person likes this.
  9. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

I loved Sridevi's perfomance. Her expressions spoke a lot when her daughter calls her up to know where Sridevi has kept her scrap book. And in the subsequent scene where she realises that she has ordered in English was truly awesome.. What a comeback!!

3 people like this.
  10. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yeah I even liked the way she childishly giggles for Ajith's translation of English movie.

And wow Ajith , I was drooling over him too.. he was so smart looking and charming in that short sweet role.. Who acted this role in hindi ? SRK ?

1 person likes this.