1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Hypothyroidism

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by upasanavijay, Nov 2, 2012.

1. upasanavijay

upasanavijay New IL'ite

Hi all

Iam a new member ..want to know opinions abt hypothyroidism, myself suffering fm it for the last 2years . Eventhough iam on medication i still have the symptoms like fatigue, irritable mood, depression etc ... If somebody feel the same pls help me by posting reply .. Tks

Upasana

2. Neerjavakil

Neerjavakil Silver IL'ite

Hi Upasana

Try some yoga asanas that will relieve the problems like fatigue, irritable mood and depression etc...

3. upasanavijay

upasanavijay New IL'ite

Tku for ur suggestion, will do it... But is it ok to still have the symptoms after medication?
    Upasana

4. DivyaBharati

DivyaBharati Silver IL'ite

When was the last time the doc chEcked your thyroid blood levels? If it has been done long time back then just tell the doc to check the levels again coz at times the dosage u might be taking might not be enough to correct your hypothyroidism ...
    U need to check the blood levels at least once in a year

1 person likes this.
  5. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

go through this thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/h...es-index-useful-motivational.html#post2072980

WIth regular yoga exercise (there is a special one for your throat to control thyroid harmones) through a certified & experienced yoga therapist you can get it under control.

Tiredness could be due to various reasons one of them is hypothyrodism. As divyabharati mentioned, do a test if you have not done. It is advisable to do it every 3 months atleast or do it every 6 months and your mediicine dosage need to be altered accordingly.

Other reasons for tiredness, iron deficiency, harmonal imbalance etc. so have a healthy diet. Go for parboiled vegetables, soups, greens, sprouts in your diet. Have figs, beetroot+orange juice and pomegranate juice (you get them in tetra packs of leading brands in the market) and have them. With little care on the fuel input to your body, you can come over this tiredness. Do not forget to check your T3, T4 TSH levels.

6. upasanavijay

upasanavijay New IL'ite

Tks all ..my check up is regular ..3-4months and the levels are keeping nomal range. I told doc also that iam not relived fm these tierdness mainly .. Was checking internet other day ..they were saying it is somewhat normal that you still have the symptoms . But they say u monitor the past levels and dosage and to what dosage you have less symptoms you stick to it ... Is it true ? Somebody have similar experience?

I started yoga today , tks again the diet part i will focuss now

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi upasanavijay, I have hypothyrodism and is on medicine. Before it was diagnoised i had those symptoms. But everything vanished when I started taking the medicine.

8. Topaz

Topaz Silver IL'ite

Firstly, what is the cause for your thyroid disorder? It is essential to know the root cause. Secondly, just because the TSH are "within" the range does not mean you are not hypo anymore, the range varies from person to person.

Secondly what kind if tests do you have done, TSH, freeT3, free T4? Not just regular T3,T4. Lab to loan there is variation in testing.

Thirdly, if your endo is not addressing your problems, then it is time to find a new doctor!

Please research the medicine called armour, to see if it might help you, also a combo of T3. - liothyronine, and T4 - levothyroxine might be a better option for your symptoms. Most endocrinologist are not very helpful......you need to find one that understands your needs, until then do not stop the quest fr thebestictor for you.

9. upasanavijay

upasanavijay New IL'ite

Tks all for yr suggestions. I have done all the test including scanning .and i think when they do regular check up they do check tsh t3and t4. I am not aware of free t3and free t4.will ask the doc when i go india, for sure docs are not that helpful ... They will ask u yr results and if it is within the range (which we can also see) they say ok countinue the same dose. No furter discussions... Seriously i was so fed up with this i thought let me find out myself ... The help u all are giving is much better than any docs i have seen .and i started checking for home remedies and stuff like that my self .....
    1 I read food with high fibre content is not good coz it tends to prevent the absorbtion of medicne to the body .
    2 seafood is very good for thyroid patients
    3 regular exercise
    Tks again upasana

10. madhumathi1974

madhumathi1974 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

can anyone tell me what are the symptoms of thyroid. what tests have b done to know do i have it r not. i stay in singapore till today i never needed a doc but many of frnds r telling me that my symptons r of thyroid so please help me.