Navratri 2012 - Your suggestions, tips etc

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by iyerviji, Sep 26, 2012.

1. meenueash

meenueash Platinum IL'ite

viji mam nice thread...let me know ,in mumbai where we get folding golu padi...if any body knows plz give the shop address..thanks..

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi meenueash, get giri trading agency, matunga number from justdial and enquire with them.

3. SamidhaRS

SamidhaRS Silver IL'ite

Hi to All,
    I come across Navrathri golu for the first time & tht is too jus bcoz of IndusLadies site. I googled for it & let me tell you I like this tradition a lot. I wish I could also do tht. why m not from south? :-(

Anyways I will enjoy it with your pics, do post them.

Happy Navrathri to all :)

4. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Samidha,

Glad to hear that you like the S.Indian tradition of Navrari Golu. Yeah...setting up the idols, inviting people to come see the display, being invited to go see what others have got in their golu, the tiffins, snacks, haldi-kumkum and the goodie bags especially are something that makes everyone look forward to Navratri days :)

BTW, why worry that you are not in south? You gals in North India as well as East India (Calcutta) celebrate Durga pooja in a big bang way rigth?

Have a wonderful Navratri and Durga Pooja ladies!

Malathy

1 person likes this.
  5. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ladies,

While you are all here sharing ideas, tips, suggestions and more for Navratri 2012, do not miss out on the Navratri Special Contest starting Oct 15th to Oct 23rd @ IndusLadies.

Please share about this contest in your Facebook pages, Twitter pages and get your friends and family to participate with their "themed" Golu pics.

More the merrier!

Happy Navratri / Dusshera / Durga Pooja to all!

6. Maanvi

Maanvi New IL'ite

Madam,

Find u too r from Mumbai, pls advice me where can i find Golus here in Mumbai, me put up in Thane....

7. ugir10

ugir10 Guest

It is available in GIri Traders - in Chembur & Matunga. It is very compact. I got mine recently.

8. moebius

moebius New IL'ite

Dear Jay- I really love your enthusiasm and all the more I am giving a pat to myself that I found you here ;) Fellow IL-ies, I am a close friend of Jay and she is yet to figure out who I am... I love her creativity and vigor in which she indulges in anything she is involved - Welcome girl ! Can't wait to see your 2012 creation !!! loads of love...

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks all for you fbs, since my dh is not well I was not able to give reply

10. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji ma and Mira, I am sure our friends from IL would have made use of the tips and ideas that has been given here. Hope everyone had a lovely Navarathri.