5 step golu and marapachi bommao

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by vidgopal, Sep 10, 2012.

1. vidgopal

vidgopal Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

This is my 2nd attempt at golu. My mom doesnt follow this tradition but my mIl does, so i am totally new to the concept. I am away from india and due to space constraints i had to keep 3 step golu last year. but this year wish to make a 5 step golu. Could someone please help me with the procedure. Also i see in many posts that marapachi bommai is a must. I dont have it with me right now as its in India. what do i do. is it wrong to not keep marapachi ?

Many thanks

2. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

I hope you are in Chennai. Marapachi bommai and step are available with giri trading agency and khadhi craft.

3. vidgopal

vidgopal Bronze IL'ite

No i dont live in chennai. I live outside india. And hence panicky.. We dont have tamil sangam here in hk

1 person likes this.
  4. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

HI Ladies

I am interested in keeping Golu.. But please tell me what to do if we get periods during that time..

Lets say i got periods in middle of Golu (b/w 9 days).

Or i have periods on couple of days during golu (lets say i completed 5days on 3rd day of navaratri)
    What should i do during this time ?

5. bhujj

bhujj Junior IL'ite

Hi i live near HK...a place called Huizhou. you please send me your mail id to share further info. i am keeping golu last 3 years in this same place. Marapachi if you dont have then ok. But you can keep 5 steps and everyday make small poojai and neiyvedyam.