Cold for 2 weeks baby!!!

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by stalin4d, Sep 28, 2012.

1. stalin4d

stalin4d Senior IL'ite

Hi,

my 2 weeks baby have cold, i can feel when she breath, doctor prescribed
    Cefaclor oral Suspension(syrup) 5omg, for the past 2 days i giving it 2 times a day
    but still the cold is there for the baby is it safe and how often we can give or
    any other remedies you can give?

Thanks in Advance,
    Mrs.Stalin...

2. snehanjali486

snehanjali486 New IL'ite

Hi,

My son is 7 months old. he got cold for the first time. what my mom is doing she gives sambrani vapour to the head or indirect heat to the head( warm your hands with the coal and put that heat to the baby's head).this way babies will not catch cold. also put some turmeric in that coal..that vapour is good for babies. dont expose the baby directly but from a far distance.hope i'm clear

thanks

3. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

dont try any home remedies. The baby is too small. Sambrani smoke could be allergic and the baby cud get asthma. take her to the doctor again. Let the doctor decide.

4. sanvi5

sanvi5 Silver IL'ite

2 weeks baby is too small to take medication.usually doctors dont give any medicine for such small baby.The best thing is keep feeding baby your milk.mothers milk have antibodies in them which help the baby fight cold. Another home remedy is warm ajwain seeds put it in muslin cloth and rub it over baby chest and stomach.if the baby has difficulty breathing you can buy saline drops from pharmacy and also nasal suction bulb .put the drops in both nostrils and suction it with bulb this will help breath them. Put hot steam very far away from baby in corner of room as baby is just 2 weeks so the vapors will help them breath.cool mist humidifier in room will also help.Apart from these always check with doctor and follow their advice.

5. KavithaUS

KavithaUS Silver IL'ite

I second Sanvi5 and mercyagin. NO medications for infants.
    DS got cold when he was 2 weeks, very severe cough, running nose, sneezing. I took him to Dr and he said it will go on its own.No medications. Medication is only necessary when there is ear infection or temperature otherwise big NO. Mommy milk is best medicine !
    Steam, saline/nasal bulb helped me. I tried running shower with hot water and it helps. He had it for 3 weeks and it went away on its own, sure I catched from him and suffered for next 1 week. :)

6. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

I have cold and chest congestion from last two days. My baby is two weeks old. Will she get cold from me if I breastfeed her? Also please help me with home remedies for immediate relief.

7. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@mercyagin Continue BFing your LO. The antibodies in your BM will help your LO. Usually if you get cold, your LO will eventually catch it too. So even if she gets it, you must continue BFing.

You can try inji (ginger) kashayam.

1 person likes this.
  8. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your reply