Siddha mangala stotra and your experiences

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by lalithanivas, Nov 2, 2010.

1. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear miracle28,

There is no such restriction that Sri Guru Charithra is not read by women. I do read it.
    Yes generally during those restricted days We do not do any prayers especially to Sri Dattareya swami. He is very particular.
    I suggest- do not chant Hari Om Tatsat Jai Guru Datta during those times as it is a very powerful mantra of Sri Dattareya. (This is purely my personal opinion). Rest is upto you.

You can chant Om Sairam or Sri Padarajam Saranam Prapadheye. As these forms are not so strict or stringent about these things.

2. miracle28

miracle28 New IL'ite

Dear Saras,
    Thank you very much for clarifying. You are doing an amazing job. God will definitely bless you for the service you are rendering to HIM and for guiding people like us. Lots of best wishes to you. May all your wishes get fulfilled.

Regards,
    Miracle28

3. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear miracle28

Thank you for your wishes.

Sri Padarajam Saranam Prapadheye.

4. miracle28

miracle28 New IL'ite

I feel a need to write this post because, we human being instead of counting blessings we have, we are busy regretting for what we don't have. That day we were not able to go to pithapur. But one uncle in our acquaintances was also supposed to join us for Pithapur trip. He had done reservation separately. Since we were a complete family(with all waiting e-ticket) we had to cancel our trip but that uncle being just a single person went with his waiting ticket. He returned back on Ganesh Chaturthi day. He got us a very nice photo of Guru Shripad Vallabha,a vibhuti and chandan of Shripad Vallabh Paduka from Pithapur. So, though we were not able to go to Pithapur, HE showed us that we need not worry and HIS blessings are with us. It is only with HIS blessings that we got Photo, Vibhuti and chandan right on the day of Shripad Vallabha Jayanti right at our home. :)

5. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear miracle28

Thanks for sharing this with us.
    If we have earnest desire to see him, HE will show the way.

Sri Padarajam Saranam Prapadheye.

1 person likes this.
  6. snehanjali486

snehanjali486 New IL'ite

Hi saras,

I'm planning to start reading the siddha mangala stotram. This is regarding my husbands trasnsfer to my city.
    i want read it with full devotion.But i want to understand the underlying meaning.i have already read the pdf having stotram with meaning(in english) but somehow i'm not satisfied or i have not understood completely. Could please post the stotrams meaning in telugu if possible.

Thank you in advance,
    sneha

7. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Snehanjali486

Do it with devotion and Swami will definitely bless you.
    Coming to meaning of Siddha Mangala stothram- I have this only in english.

Basically this stothram is in praise of Sripada. No deeper meaning to it. It is a simple stothra.

I will try to explain about few words/names appearing in the stothra that will make you understand better, the meaning of the Siddha Mangala stothram.

AppaLaxmi Narasimha Raja(Narahari)- Father of Sripadavallabha

Vidhyadhari, Radha & Surkeha are sisters of Sripadavallabha

Sumathi- Mother of Sripadavallabha

Sri Bapanarya- Maternal Grandfather of Sripadavallabha

Rajamambha -Maternal Grandmother of Sripadavallabha- She Pathivrata Shiromani

Savithrikataka Chayanam- Sage Bharadwajasa performed yagnam by reciting Savithri Kataka chayanam (verses in veda) and invited Lord Shiva & Parvathi and number of other gods and goddess, rishis to it. This Yagna was performed in Pitapuram. As result Sripadavallabha has incarnated in this world in Pitapuram. Sri Padavallabha likes Vedas and their recitation.

Do Chaupathi dev Laxmi- Sripadavallabh asked his alms from ladies by saying "Do Chaupathi dev Laxmi" instead of saying do chapathi dev laxmi. It is signifies a number 2498.

Sripadavallabha is incarnation of Sri Datta & Madhumathi (i.e Lord Datta & Sri Anagha Devi).
    It is believed that even today Sri Padavallabha wanders in Pitikapuram (pithapuram).....Pitikapura nithya vihara

I am sorry dear but this is all i can explain to you about the meaning of this stothram.:hide:

1 person likes this.
  8. dearmostviji

dearmostviji Gold IL'ite

Dear Sarasji,
    Hope you are doing great.. I got the translation of the powerful stothram in the net. You are the best person to review it and share it with all IL friends. Please find below the translation.

1. Victory, Victory, universal Victory, Supreme abounding Victory to Eternally auspicious, richly decorated Appala Lakshmi Narasimharaja

2. Victory, Victory, universal Victory, superb imperishable victory to Sreepada wearing "Sree Raakhi" (A sacred bracelet tied by sisters to their brothers) from Sri Vidhadhari, Radha & Surekha

3. Victory, Grand Victory, total Victory on all directions, splendid indivisible victory to Sreepada nourished with the nectar of affection by mother Sumati

4.Victory, magnificent Victory, Victory around all directions, uninterrupted Victory to Sree Charana, the son of the daughter of great Sage Satya Rushi Baapanaarya extolled by him.

5. Victory, Glorious Victory, universal conquest, unfragment Victory to The sacred fruit of Savitrakaathaka scarifice hailing in the linage of Sage Bharadwaja.

6. Victory, Victory, universal Victory, Supreme abounding Victory to Sree Charana explaning the great number "Do Chowpatee Dev Lakshmi"

7. Victory, Victory, universal Victory, superb imperishable victory to the One born out of great fruit of "Punya" to the daughter of pious personage Rajamamba.

8. Victory, Grand Victory, total Victory on all directions, splendid indivisible victory to Son of Sumati and Narahari, Lord Datta Deva Sreepada.

9. Victory, magnificent Victory, all around Victory, unbroken victory to The one rambling always in Pithikapura, Madhumati Datta, Mangala Roopa.

Regards,
    Viji

9. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Hi viji

Thanks for the meaning dearie.
    I did post this meaning in english in my other thread " Sripadavallabha Charithamrutam".

If you click my signature for Siddha Mangala stothram "Intro- you will get all about this stothram including meaning.

10. Ammu123

Ammu123 New IL'ite

Dear Saras mam,

I am soo happy to say that I have completed the Mandala Pooja of Sidha Mangala Sthrothram.

I had given money for Annadhanam in a nearby Vishnu temple and yesterday was Annadhanam on the day of Shravan star.

My parayanam is also over and few of my wishes have already come true.

My main wish - Uniting with my husband has not yet come true, but I am sure Sree Padha Vallabha swami will surely shower his blessings.

I truly believe it was God's blessing which brought me to this thread when I was simply browsing through IL.

Saras mam- I am really grateful to you. May god bless you and family. I will surely post you my updates.

Saras mam - One doubt, can we chant this mantra daily even after Mandala Pooja is over. Is that okay?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012