Career options after PCB in 12th

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by Jassi123, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Jassi123

Jassi123 New IL'ite

Hi,

My niece is doing Grade 12th right now with PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) as majors. Owing to the increasing competition, clearing medical entrance exams has become increasingly difficult for students. So, we are thinking to keep other options in mind also. One of the options that we are considering is Biotechnology.

Can anybody suggest me some other options after Grade 12th PCB stream. We will also prefer that the option is available nearby Punjab only.

2. sushmasrivastav

sushmasrivastav Bronze IL'ite

Hi Jassi
    Besides, MBBS, your niece can also go in for Pharmacy studies. There are many pharmacy institutes in Punjab region both within govt set up and private colleges. A diploma in pharmacy allows you to apply for a licence to set up a chemist shop. B Pharmacy is a 4 year graduate course in pharmacy. After completing B Pharmacy you can go for PG studies in Pharmacy like M Pharmacy and PhD. You can also go for Management education after graduation or take up Pharmaceutical management at M Pharmacy.
    All students who are academically bright can look forward to higher studies in USA. Many students go for higher studies in USA after completing BPharmacy in India.

3. Aparna77

Aparna77 Senior IL'ite

Hi Jassi
    I agree with Sushma. Besides Pharmacy studies, I can tell you of a few other options. One is Homeopathy studies. Due to the side effects of Allopathic drugs, many are shifting towards Homeopathy. Homeopathy studies after Class XII, will be a four year course. You can seek admission in any homeopathic college in Punjab.
    Another option for Biology students is to take admission in a Physiotherapy course. The BPT course is a four year course. There are PG studies as well. Physiotherapy professionals restore mobility to patients after accidents and injury etc by means of specific exercises or instruments. After completing studies one can join hospitals in Govt/ Pvt sector or even open own clinic.

4. littledaisy

littledaisy Senior IL'ite

Yeah,

Now a days, Homeo and Ayurveda are taking a lot of attention......!
    You can try in these areas tooo.....

I know an Ayurvedic doctor, she is minting money, she even sells her own cosmetic line of products and has started a massages by using ayurvedic oils......You know once you enter a field, its just upon your ability to learn and apply it that makes you a master.

Cheers!