1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Voluntary work/Community work on H4?

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by deepshikha, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Happy2010

Happy2010 New IL'ite

Hello Gayatri,

Can you please share the information on how you got the details like where to search/find for doing voluntary work in schools and libraries.

Thanks.

2. alaivani

alaivani Senior IL'ite

Hi Gals.

I am Jennifer Kumar. I wanted to share that doing volunteer work in US is a great endeavor and it can help you land a job.

Take your volunteer work seriously and put your 110% percent in.

Utilize volunteer work to make connections in your chosen field and further your career.

Though it is possible there are volunteer opportunities where a volunteer doesn't get to do much, it's rare. The thing is that to have a volunteer join- the organization needs a REASON. It is not simply just like that. They may have some ongoing or short term projects they want help with. They will have some particular jobs for you to do, and do to your best capacity. You never know who you will meet or influence!

That all being said, because there is a particular job to get done, the organization looking for volunteers needs to allocate a PAID STAFF to coordinate this work and supervise you. So this being said, the volunteer is important as in the long run that agency is paying someone to GUIDE you.

Beside volunteer match, another good way to get a suitable volunteership is to match your qualifications with a good place you can volunteer along with some project you have a background in. This takes research and it won't be posted online most likely.

A few years ago I applied for a NON-ADVERTISED volunteership at a university to work with International Students. I was taken on board - my mentors were the "head honchos" of the department- the Director of the INternational Student's office and the director of the college's magazine (editor in chief). I got some substantial and meaningful mentoring that helps me in my business today.

Just some thoughts. I am happy to help you figure this out for yourself too! Jennifer

3. sonamsehgal

sonamsehgal New IL'ite

hey ani.. i live in richmond va too and me on h4.. my area is 23060.. did u find any votunteer job?

4. radhika8906

radhika8906 Senior IL'ite

Re: Anyone on H4 doing voluntary work?

Easter Egg Hunt Game!

Egg no 6

[​IMG]

Who is a girl? A girl is the most beautiful part of Gods creation. She starts compromising at a very tender age. She sacrifices her chocolates for her brother. Later she sacrifices her love for just a smile on her parents face. She sacrifices her full youth for her husband and children without complain. And finally her life ends up only by compromising for others happiness. She is that creature of God who no one can compete. Respect every girl/lady in your life. You will never know what she has sacrificed for you!!!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.