1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Call at 10.15PM which annoyed me a lot

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by deepthylakshmi, Aug 7, 2012.

1. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

ignore now and notice his activities from now on. if everything seems fine leave it from ur memory. if it happens next time, u too accompany him with ur child, saves u all the doubting headache.

2. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

i dont understand how men give extra care to women collegues/friends , and when it comes to wife.. they have no time to listen to her, take her for shopping... but has all the time in the world for FRIENDS!! when these guys turn 75 years old will these women friends be there with them.. or their wife..... will they tolerate if a wife goes out at 10:15pm in help of a male friend...!!!!!

Please open your eyes wide and clear..... no office work or relations or calls are to be pursued out of the office walls... esp at night!!! its RED flag Zone...!!!

If this lady needs help ask her to call her relatives .

4 people like this.
  3. deepthylakshmi

deepthylakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Hello Friends... I just called that girl as suggested by one of our friend and started talking to her.. asker her what happened everything and the first thing she said is "Totally sorry for the late night call". But let me keep an eye on them.. and i will definitely get involved myself in all their visists.. Thanks friends.

5 people like this.
  4. IndianQueen

IndianQueen Silver IL'ite

I guess you should have gone with him. Next time he wants to go out or do such things, you promptly tell him that even you are worried and want to help her out, dont let him go alone. That should get things straight. In case of phone calls, next time she calls your hubby and you are around, you also speak to her, casually and nicely. Try to answer her calls also, take her number and you chat with her, go n meet her, after somedays things will subside and slowly she will stop calling him. Try to become her friend and involve in everything she does with your husband, she will realise that she needs to move away.

Dont take tension, always return it back...:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  5. HasiniS

HasiniS Gold IL'ite

super deepthy

Do tell her you were worried for her cause she called in such odd hours for help and as your husband returned late at 12 you were worried if she was in deep trouble ;-) And then keep her checked ... Also when your husband calls the next time to check your mood ... tell him you know why he is calling you and also tell him you have all your trust on him. He need not worry ... say you were initially upset about the late night call...

1 person likes this.
  6. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

OP, next time you go along. Casually mention to her that your sweet hubby wanted to enjoy a romantic drive back home with you after dropping her.

Itll be a nice slap on her face....

5 people like this.
  7. digezt

digezt Senior IL'ite

One sane voice in the midst of hollering piety. Too much is being read into and conjectured upon. someone swears with dictatorial impunity that a man and woman can never be friends... pl take a break madam...

without knowing the circumstances under which the call was made, too much noise is being made on the intent.. no wonder these days chivalry takes a backseat with such weird thoughts and suggestions floating around....

7 people like this.
  8. digezt

digezt Senior IL'ite

if you are facing these problems in life with your husband, sort it out with him.. thanks

9. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

This is the most narrow minded perverse statement I've heard... How can you ever generalise and propagate that no man and woman can ever have a decent platonic relationship...in this day and age where we are saying that man and women are walking shoulder to shoulder... interacting at all work place .. how can you not be friendly with your colleague or an old college friend .. a brotherly neighbour.. or even juniors who were mentored by you..
    I've got wonderful male friends.. colleagues.. boss..who are very close to me because of the sheer amount of time we spend with each other.. if I'm in ever stranded in an unknown place like this girl at an late hour and I knew someone around that area I too perhaps would've called that person regardless of the gender and asked for help or atleast shelter till someone from my house can come and pick me up..

OP

just because you are married that doesn't mean that the pre-marriage relationships are to be forgotten.. if you don't like your H talking to this lady then simply speak to both of them and end the matter.. but then be prepared to also stop your communication with your friends when your H demands!!!...please don't nag.. next time go along.. if he says no then only suspect.. suspicion.. over possessiveness .. are the worst of all evils don't let it enter your otherwise calm life
    BUT if you think they are having an affair then have the guts to confront..
    K

11 people like this.
  10. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

I think it is a peculiar case of lots of jealousy combined with one unacceptable (to the OP) situation.

OP, you are plain jealous! And the reason your DH keeps tabs on you for checking your mood is that he knows you're jealous and insecure!! Dont be.. A male and a female CAN be very good friends! Nothing bad about it.

I think you and your DH both love each other because:
    1. You're jealous of other females in his life, which he can see as either cute (some guys do find it cute) or over-possessive (which you should take care to not be, possessive is fine)
    2. He loves you because he knows that you are in a foul mood coz he went.

Just take a chill pill..! And in case you want to taunt your DH, the good chance would be to call him up from office and tell "oh m stranded! please come and rescue me" :rotfl all in good humour of course! He'll know you're jealous and will take you along from next time!

3 people like this.