1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Silence.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by suryakala, Aug 3, 2012.

1. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,

A great cheer to the post from you! Thanks for your feedback, appreciation and congratulations.

God can be seen both in His creations (external) and within ourselves (internal). When we want to see God internally we love silence ( like saints). When we want to see God externally we love the bubbling energy (like Vasu and you, I think). Yeah I too loved reading Vasu's nomination and sent my response to her immediately all the while laughing and enjoying her expressions.

Whether we are sad and silent or whether we are silent and sad? You have provoked a new dimension indeed!Thanks.

2. suryakala

Dear Bhargavi,

" I love silence and solitude"...Have you read 'Wordsworth's poem Daffodils? He writes:

"For oft when on my couch I lie,
    In vacant or in pensive mood,
    It flashes upon the inward eye,
    Which is the bliss of solitude".

Your words brought to my inward eye that scene!

Thanks for your feedback and appreciation.

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Suryakala,

I enjoyed reading your post on silence. Sometimes, silence is golden while other times, it is a weapon. While silencing our mind creates peace inside of us, silencing our speech creates peace outside of us.

When we went on trips to review acquisitions targets, I trained myself to look for subjects not spoken in such meetings so that we could dig deep into those subjects in our detailed due-diligence. May be that is why people say "silence is deafening". I had a meeting with a professor today who is creating an innovative technology. A German professor who was visiting him wanted to know what he was working on. He told him to sign NDA. The German Professor asked him to share what is not confidential. He simply did not respond. After two weeks, the German professor wrote to him, "Your silence spoke volume of your intent. We will sign NDA and keep what we learn confidential".
    Sometimes, the words not spoken communicates better than the ones that were spoken.

Viswa

4. Vittala

Vittala Gold IL'ite

Dear Suryakala Ma'm,
    A very nice post! Congrats on being nominated. I use silence as a weapon sometimes. All I have to do is be silent for a while and it will make folks around me to worry or think if what had went wrong.

Appu

5. suryakala

Dear Viswamitra,

Thanks for your feedback and appreciation and sharing the interesting incident of the German Professor who understood what is behind the silence and offered to sign the NDA. I am particularly amused by the very intelligent way the German Professor asked for the non-secrets and the more intelligent way it was answered with a Silence.

One of the reasons some consultants are more successful than others is probably,like you, they look for what is not obvious in DD reports than what is.

6. suryakala

Dear Appu,

Thanks for your feedback, appreciation and congratulation.

Ofcourse, Silence can be definitely used as an effective weapon sometimes. But as with any other weapon it has to be used with caution and care and weapons should be used only as a last resort.

When my Son is silent on some issues, as a Mother I am most worried wondering what his concerns are. At that time I ask myself why he can't come out openly, discuss with me if I am wrong and correct my views or get corrected!

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nicely written about silence, Suryakala!
    Was thinking about it, after I heard some discussions about silence in a TV. Programme.

Silence is defy powerful indeed!

I wanted to try the 'mouna vrat' in my own style...'not speaking out, when I know that it is not going to
    make any difference, except bringing my anger out! :-(

8. suryakala

Dear Sriniketan,

Thanks for your feedback and appreciation.

Extinguishing Anger is different from suppressing or controlling it. While the former gives you peace, the latter contributes to a buildup and possible explosion at an uncontrolled moment in future. I am sure you are talking about the former and the silence associated with it. It gives great peace of mind.

1 person likes this.
  9. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

hi
    silence is also a strong way to communicate our feelings i really liked your writeup it also makes you think and others also .....y

10. suryakala

Dear Radhavenkatesh,

Thanks for your feedback and glad that you liked the writeup.

Yes, Silence sometimes can be more powerful than strong words in communicating our feelings.