1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tit for Tat work in married life??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by anunalge, Jul 23, 2012.

1. maroon

maroon Gold IL'ite

This is so very immature on the part of your DH. If I were you, a decade ago, I would feel bad, get disturbed and cry and then find some alternate conveyance for the day. But if I were you, now, I would simply book a cab that may be expensive and have a luxury ride to office and come home and tell DH that I paid 400 bugs or so for it. DH would never do it again. Not that he has ever done it though. Or if money is something that doesnt bother your DH, just do not cook on such days. He needs to understand what a discomfort that is.

3 people like this.
  2. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Tit for tat never works and it makes the foundation weak. TalK to your husband clearly and tell him that such things make him sound immature and petty. How would he feel if every time you had a fight you refused to cook or do any other household work.
    Arguments are common in every marriage , how you deal with them makes a successful marriage. Just talk to him. If he is reasonable he will understand he is being childish.
    Good luck.

4 people like this.
  3. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Its really hurtful and humiliating to be left off to fend on one's own after an argument , and be late for office in the bargain. He knows this thats why he is doing it , sort of a punishment to teach you a lesson.
    After all he is not a kid and should not behave like one.
    Please do make alternate arrangements for office.
    Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches.
    If a DW does the same then it would definitely turn into a global issue , what if the DW hides the car keys??? Then both can take a cab or separate cabs to work.:crazy

1 person likes this.
  4. vidhss

vidhss New IL'ite

This is just an outburst of anger.

We do for kids, when they don't listen to us, we instantly say, i will not get you this or that or i will not do this for you. It is a way to express that you are doing something I don't like, Neither we stop doing things for them nor we stop buying.

I completely understand as I myself a victim of these kind of behaviour. Just ignore and move on. Alternatively, you can tell him very firmly that you don't like these kind of behaviour and this is definitely not a favour what he is doing for you. If you are getting too much of upset, as all suggested, try out an alternate option.

Good Luck.

Vidhya

1 person likes this.
  5. Vlakh

Vlakh Silver IL'ite

When a man knows that his wife is dependent on him, then he will behave however he wants to, because he knows she wont go anywhere. Becoming independent shows your individuality as a person, that you CAN survive without him (in terms of doing chores, going out on your own..etc).

There are many ways of handling this situation:

1. Take the matters in your own hands: next time he refuses to drop you, show that it doesnt matter, walk out and hire a cab. Your behaviour will catch him off guard, he will get shocked!

2. Communicate: very important in ANY relationship. Are you guys normal after you arguments? Or do you both stop talking to eachother till the problem is resolved? If latter is the case then you need to drop that, I think you will have to change first, show him that once you have argued on a topic, other then that life is normal between us. You can talk "normal" to eachother w/o shouting or being rude. He will notice this, and with time will change. But you will need to TALK...TALK TALK....dont stop that.

It is k once in a while if you both dont agree on something after all upbringing differs in people. After a few years husbands start listening to their wives.

I believe that if you love your partner, you will not behave ill with him/her. how can you inflict pain to them, by not cooking, talking, or doing other chores (dropping him/her off)...etc these things should not interfere in you normal daily lives just because of an argument.

Hope this helps, and all the best!

1 person likes this.
  6. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

"Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." -- Mahatma Gandhi

What I think works is to remind him when you are back on congenial terms that what he did was silly (childish is the real word, but we can spare him that) and that you are letting it go. And tell him that he owes you one for not holding it against him. Hopefully he gets the point and you can settle it in good humor.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012