Badam during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by mathangikkumar, Apr 13, 2011.

1. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

From my experience, I would suggest MUMRA or MAMRO a type of badam [ almond] which is available in the grocery shop is best for enhancing the brain of the foetus and its good source of protein also.

This badam is slightly small with sharp edges and slightly bitter in taste.

This badam should be taken by preganat ladies as one everyday in the 1 st month, 2 for the 2nd month like this increase for the number of month.

It is best taken on an empty stomach in the morning or evening, can be distributed if can't take together. In a half kg pack for Rs. 750/ you get around 650 to 700 number of badam.

I recommended this for my daughter and d-i-law both as well many preganat ladies took it. My grand daughter is so brainy for her 2 yr old so active and sharp in mempory. I hope all pregnant ladies benefit from this.

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    Never heard of this variety of Badam.?!!!!
    I too love munching almonds.And use to eat five in nos regularly during my pregnancy.Never had the complaint of weight gain.So for healthy sake we can consume it as and with other healthy nutrients.

.....Almonds are a source of antioxidants, which are natural compounds that help you and your baby fight free radicals, keeping you and your baby healthy....

....Almonds improve your blood circulation, so more oxygen and nutrients can reach your baby.....

....Almonds are a great source of Folate, one of the most important nutrients for you in the first trimester. Folate is the natural form of folic acid, and folic acid supplementation is recommended for prevention of birth defects. Eating foods such as almonds that contain folate can help boost you and your baby's folate levels, supporting a healthy pregnancy. In your handful of almonds (20-25 nutes) you'll find 10mcg of folate. It's worth notching that if you're having more than one baby at a time - lets say twins - you probably need even more folate/folic acid...

....Ignore the silly rumors that almonds are fattening. A study reported that eating up to two (1oz) servings a day helps you feel full and satisfied and helps promote a healthy weight. ..... content:MyFitnessPal.com

Thanks

2 people like this.
  3. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

am having 10 almonds everyday... by the way Yashikushi, where is thirattupal recipe?:wave

4. star83

star83 Senior IL'ite

i m also taking now almonds - 4 each

5. mickeygirl

mickeygirl Silver IL'ite

I am 4months pregnant...having 3 soaked almonds daily morning.

6. ishvisahaani

ishvisahaani Senior IL'ite

I eat almonds daily. Thank you for sharing the information.

7. Sahana1

Sahana1 New IL'ite

Oh really
    Thank you so much for sharing this tip
    I will eat almonds and cashew nuts daily
    Regards,
    Sahana

8. sugansunil

sugansunil Bronze IL'ite

I take 5 almonds everyday.