1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Experience with one earring!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aishu22, Feb 15, 2008.

1. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Ilites,
    Today morning, i had misplaced one of my gold earring while cooking and was hunting for it high and low....much to hubby's irritation..Finaly i found it under a vessel..so..releived i was...
    This incident made me remember my experience with one Earring which happened during my college final year.
    Read on..

I begged amma to buy me a pair of nice earrings to wear for my college day function.It was my final year in college and we(me n mom) had plans to visit T.Nagar for shopping just two days b'fore my C-Day.
    Amma was unhappy with this request of mine, not for the cost, but i already had about 30 + pairs of earings overflowing in my jewel case..long ones, tiny ones, jummkis,stone studded ones from narayana pearls..it goes on..Yah, im crazy about earrings.I like to wear a new one every day.. and Half rings&tiny hanging ones with a pearl being my favo...Amma said,one more??Not this time..But i still begged and sweared that this would be the last one and she yielded after a long time.

So we hunted for a nice pair of earrings for my blue colored saree.I dont like to wear a matching - matching stuff...not my cup of tea..I wanted to look elegant always..So my eyes were set on a tiny , shining gold colored ones with a pearl hanging down(favo)..I found one luckily on the "great" platforms of pondy bazzar.Amma paid Rs.45/- for that earring.. and we came home.

The D-day arrived.I was a memeber of the magazine commitee in my department for the symposium we conducted(final year students are the organisers of those technical symposiums).I had to take care of the technical papers that fellow collegues and juniors submitted and decide along with other members as to which one needs to get publised in the sysmposium tech -journal.We did a good job i guess and Mag.commitee members were given with a award for that.So i had to receive the award that evening.The Chief guest was none other than Ms.C.K.Gariyalli- the then chief for science city.I was draped in the blue shining mysore silk saree with my "lovely" earrings, all set to collect the award for the best symposium tech journal -alas, what i realised was one of my earrings went missing......It had fell down somewhere on the sand.. and i was in a state of shock...How will i go and collect my award...saree and no earrings will make a worst combo...what about fotos...how will i look without an earring??Thousand Questions in my mind and i'm just standing behind 2 people and i would be the third one to go on stage..I screamed at my friend whom i located near the stage and asked her to remove her earrings..it was a green colored some kinda hanging..she asked me is it okay? i told, anything is fine..i gave her my "ONE" earring.My name was called upon, and I went on to the stage, smiled and told the formal Thankyou to the chief guest and posed for the fotos.. and whoooof..i was releived......

I hurriedly came down, pushed the certificate and a metal cup into my bag.I dutifully handed over the earrings to my friend and profusely thanked her for her timely help! I started searching for my LOST earring..on the sand near the stage for the rest of the time until dark...but no luck!

Came home with one earring...and heard thousands of statements from amma as" i told you, I know you...

I still have the Single Earring, and whenever i see it , i laugh !

2. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

That was very funny...As for your one earring, you can do what we Aussies do: :idea Use them as Xmas tree decorations!!!!!

I am sure many of us can relate to this post...Buy something nice & loose it. The result : A long lecture on " I told you soo" from our moms

3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Corallux,
    Thanks for the reply...and idea Big Laugh...Yah,Mom's are always like that.. i remember amma narrating this often to all my cousins...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  4. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Aishu,
    That was a nice post on the earring. I also love to shop on the platform in Pondy Bazaar and also in Narayana pearls, although there are mny other places that I buy form. Whenever there is a craft sale in Sankara hall I try to go if I can and spot errings, fingerrings and bangles. My collection has been named mini Ponday bazar by my cousin. Recently I bought a Terracota bangle and earring.My mom is threatening to thorw all of it out the way i keep adding to it. :hide

5. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

:rotfl that was nice post aishu..i liked the way u were describing.... even this happend to me ,but when i was already on the stage and dancing for school day. i was in such a nice, traditional costume but lost the earing.. and i recognised it in the middle of my show.and i was the girl standing in front.:spin. atleast u were helped by ur frnd.. there was no one to help me in that time.. and the show ended like that only.. :cry:

6. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Janani,
    Thanks for the reply.Yah, u are indeed right!Platforms shops in PB. are thebest place for the junks..HHee..Hee.. you sound the same like me...My mom also does the samething...Threatens me that she will give it to some one...But now, after wedding she's like why dunt to buy this? My head:spin's n confusion...

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Jaanu,
    Thanks you very much for the reply and the appreciative words.I'm elated! That's bad that you lost an earring like me...hey, i think while dancing atleast you hav a reason to loose.. but my case was i was just irresponsible n wreckless to loose it...
    Cheer up dear!That's a part of fun!

8. CSLakshmi3005

CSLakshmi3005 New IL'ite

Hi aishu
    It was a really good post..
    like u i too have a big collection of earings..
    ur post made me to recollect my college days.. i too had lost of my earning..
    at the real moment.. thank god! i had left my hair loose that day..and it didnt show in the photographs

9. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear CS Lakshmi,
    Thanks for the reply..Seems like everyone out here are fond of earirngs and have an experience of losing them too..Hurray!!!Big Laugh..Good for you that u were sporting a loose hair.I used to have a long hair when i was in college, so mom never allowed me to let it loose..bonk

10. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

That was a nice one Aishu!!!!!

prabha