What would you do, if you land on the Moon?

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

thanks bhargs darling :)

1 person likes this.
  2. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

What would you do, if you land on the Moon? :hiya

I was too young to understand, when men landed on the moon. It became an obsolete event, no one talked about it, later and I wasn't aware of it, until I was old enough to read in school
    :bonk. My grandma didn't tell me, :biggrin2: :biggrin2: men were making frequent trips to the moon, instead I was under the impression of 'patty making vadai on the moon'. :hide:

When my son had an interesting assignment when he was in 3rd grade, 'whom do you like to invite for a dinner' and asked to make a prop that goes with it.
    I still have that picture of Neil Armstrong 'standing' in his moon suit (different story, how we made him stand straight). I turned my local library upside down to prepare for my mission to interview Neil Armstrong, and read every book out there that talked about 'mission on moon' and as if, I am going to write my thesis on 'moon landing'. Ever since, it became my personal mission to launch myself to the moon. Poor kid, he didn't get it, why I am so excited about Neil Armstrong and Apollo missions. That's the year, the movie 'Apollo 13' came out.

I am too selfish, I am NOT going to let others enter freely into my kingdom, 'moon'. I like to populate the moon station with the best of the best, young men/women to live/work/invent peacefully, for ever. They will never get old, or die. It will have everything, you need to live up there. The life will be similar to the
    'Star Trek' USS Enterprise. I will bring back the Star Trek characters alive to run the moon-ship, Captain Krik, Spock, Number one, Mr Data, doc and all. This is my life long dream of fantasy and me the 'God' :thumbsup

4 people like this.
  3. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

@Bhargavi and Satchi :thumbsup
    Yet to read other responses.

Satchi, when I read about your plan to ditch unromantic BH, I for some reason thought about him pulling a Janagaraj (en ponndatti moonuku poiyitaal.....I am happy my wife has gone to the moon). :)

5 people like this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

LOL Eandian. See? Precisely the reason why he should not be allowed to set foot on the moon!!!!! :-D

2 people like this.
  5. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

What a refreshing thread :). I enjoyed reading the posts, very much.

2 people like this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Honeybee,

Thanks for the idea on dairy farming. I have been giving it some serious thought, though I must say it will be fraught with difficulties.

For starters, imagine trying to milk a cow which is flying. Then think what would happen if the cow decides to kick in the midst of the proceedings. Besides, the milk would choose to flow upwards with the cow. Which would mean the cow would have to be put upside down to be milked. Again if it chooses to kick it would be infinitely worse. Well, maybe we will have to take some expert hands from earth and give them all possible perks in addition to a soaring salary so they can be "high-fliers" on the moon themselves.

3 people like this.
  7. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Dear 'moon' god,
    Your craze for apollo missions is understandable. That crazy bug bit someone real hard in Tamil Nadu. One of my classmates had a cousin name "Apollo 13".

No....not a nick name. It was the official name given to him by his dad (well dont ask me about the father son relationship now). Not just Apollo.....13 included. :-0

Please elaborate on the visa procedures for your kingdom.

My husband would love to visit too (I have made him to believe so.......the suitcases that I plan to fill with moon rocks for sale on Earth will be a lot heavier on landing. Need an extra pair of hands to haul them home from the launch pad....he he he)

4 people like this.
  8. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

thanks il admin to open this thread so we can put our crazy thought into writing hehehe ... and thanks to surya mam , satchi sir , bhargs ,freddycat for liking my post

1 person likes this.
  9. sunja

sunja Senior IL'ite

after reading all this....STILL....i am not sure what i'll do there.....at least i'll go there first and then...(lemme see:idea)... decide....:goodidea:

10. Sowmya2709

Sowmya2709 Platinum IL'ite

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............. What will I do??????????????

So Simple, Call my parents and inform them I've landed safely.

Next Immediate action will be updating my Facebook Status and upload a photo of mine @ Moon and will make people on earth jealous.. ;)

Then...... Haan, I will start searching the granny who prepares vada @ moon(during my childhood I was told that the shade in moon is nothing but image of a granny who is preparing vada.. ada, namma paatti vada sutta kathathaanga... ;) ) hehehe..

(I THINK THIS IS THE MOST STUPID POST IN THIS THREAD, BUT WHAT TO DO THIS IS WHAT INSTANTLY CAME INTO MY MIND WHEN I READ THE TOPIC) :eek:

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.