1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Toddler problem

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by nagagokul, Jun 22, 2012.

1. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

sharing my experiences on this subject.

I live with my in laws and my son is very very close to my MIL (honestly i feel very happy for this). As a kid I missed being with my grand parents and feel happy for my son. Yes, there was a time when I felt my son did not bond well with me.. but trust me its just a phase for both you and your child..

For my son I am just a play mate.. once he said "I have two mothers .. one you and one grand mom.. I don't think I would need two mothers.. so why don't you just be my sister... " that was cute..

Even today, when he feels insecure (like when he has fever or has a bad dream or something) he will run to his grandmom and won't leave her... I feel jeolous and also incapable ... but conciously get over my emotions... yes it takes some concious efforts to get over such emotions.

My suggession to you .. just join the party and play along... you will eventually come out of your insecurities..

3 people like this.
  2. BigAlittleaMom

BigAlittleaMom New IL'ite

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks for the likes vdeepab4u.vjb,vidukarth and mommybird Bow Bow Bow Bow

4. nagagokul

nagagokul New IL'ite

Hi

Thank you so much for all your replies... I feel more confident and less insecure... For one of your replies... someone asked if he cries or searches for his granny after she leaves... the reply is no., he does not search or cry.... but i just hope this phase of how my son behaves passes soon... because as some mothers might agree with me that being an educated housewife in this competitive world where people are achieving so much and you are just sitting at home sacrificed your career and looking after your kid is not easy... at least I feel that .. for a working mom they have diversion... monetary reward... recognition etc added to their family life.. so what am trying to say is that you do so much for your kid and this is what happens.. i sometimes feel i better have worked... anyways i know my kid is only 2.5 yrs and each child is different... so i pray this phase goes away soon...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
  5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

nagagokul,
    what you say is true...
    it is more difficult to get this feeling out when you are a homemaker for the sake of your kid..
    but as you too have accepted,it is a passing phase and your kid is too young to understand these things...
    one of my friend left her job for her kid...but the kid has got so very attached to the mother that he had hardly move with anyone else..he gets more scared when he sees an outsider,many times even to his own grandmother...my friend says its really difficult at that time...
    its good that your kid is social and is moving well...hope you understand
    all the best..be strong!!!