4 yr old Mahi's death - who should be blamed ? Govt. or the Parents ?

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by funtuuush, Jun 25, 2012.

1. funtuuush

funtuuush Senior IL'ite

As you all must have heard about Mahi's death after she fell into a 70 foot borewell and stuck there for 85 hrs. The parents are blaming the administration but isnt it the parents responsibility to take care of their kids and their whereabouts ?

2. ilovemylife

ilovemylife Bronze IL'ite

I don't know the entire circumstances about how the girl ended up in the borewell. Whatever it is, the contractors who failed to close the borewell should take the most blame IMO. They should have closed it, leaving it open is really bad. Administrators in this situation might not have been able to save the girls even if they had been more efficient.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
    2 people like this.
  3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Parents Ownership to be more resposible to take care of their kids and have supervision over innocent young ones is the first one to blamed, Next comes the blame on the Government

4. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

This reminds me of a similar incident happened at our place when I was in school. Those days Swabhimaan and Shanti were the most favourite afternoon serials for ladies so much that they would forget everything and be glued to the TV.
    One such afternoon while all the ladies in neighbourhood were watching TV a 3 year old crawled under the wire compound of police station scratching his head and fell in the storage tank which was partially open. The ladies only realized him missing after the serial was over and started searching and calling. The police station being right next to the house they also joined and found him floating in the tank. He was already dead.

Who would you blame? The police for keeping the tank partial open for ease or the ladies?

5. gulaal

gulaal Bronze IL'ite

I was following the incident and praying for the girl to come out alive, but it could not happen. I think we cannot blame one factor for this incident. It is a responsibility of parents, government, and the concerned owner of the borewell as well who left it carelessly open.

Children are very curious so it is a primary responsibility of parents to check their whereabouts now and then, But, it is also true that sometimes we adults too become less careful regarding the safety of our children. Well, this is a very lame excuse.

Secondly, the owner of the borewell should have been smart enough to cover the borewell properly to avoid happening of any mishaps. With so much of similar incidents happened in the past, people still not understand their duty. He should be strictly punished for his deed, so that others may get careful in future.

Thirdly, government should take extra measures to avoid these situations. They should have some foolproof plan to fight the situation if in case similar case arises. I really felt the hard work done by army to take out the child from the borewell, but I was astonished they took 85 hours to reach the poor girl.

1 person likes this.
  6. lovers

lovers Senior IL'ite

really sad to hear abt this

7. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

I would blame the government because this is not the first time a child falling in to a manhole.Every year there are stories about children falling in to these holes. I hear atleast 3-5 similar incidents reported by the news channels every year. Still no one in the government takes responsibilities. Poor child.

1 person likes this.
  8. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

I feel government is not at fault here. It is not government's job to discipline people. People need to be held responsible for their acts. Poor kid suffered for the carelessness of the parents or the society.

And the loss in this instance was for the parents and not the government. So who should have been more cautious?

9. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

10. Shrisha

Shrisha Bronze IL'ite

Poor kid! Both parents and Government are to be blamed!