1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

who is Suffering?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by swetaamit, Aug 3, 2011.

1. menong

menong Silver IL'ite

@swetaamit,

i know that feeling... there hve been weeks when we hardly saw each other thanks to our insane schedules. i will be bursting with something to tell my husband but he is not at home and wont pick calls. my solution was to make my own friends and go out when extremely bored. catch a movie, go out for dinner , have fun. you will have to make your own independent social circle and friends else boredom will become a constant companion

2. swetaamit

swetaamit New IL'ite

hey menong..you know thats what i am trying..to make new friends here..though i have got few friends but still looking for more so that i can have more activities lined up..but its hard to get good one :)
    i am a mother of a 9mont old baby..so i keep searching some activities for her too..i try to attend mums and babes meet up..and any other kindaa..
    but there is nothing than target is obviouly AMIT :D

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swetaamit,

I know exactly what you mean and can fully empathize with you. There are only some things you can do from your side:

1. Request him to change his job.
    2. Try and find something to do that will keep your mind occupied and keep you happy (to whatever extent that is possible - I know it cannot make up for your husband's time).

If he is able to make changes to his circumstances, wonderful. Nothing like it and we can only hope that he can do that and that times will be better for you. But if he cannot, (maybe because of the job market or maybe because of his own personality - maybe he is a workaholic or self-centred as you say), then there is really very little that you can do about it dear. You just have to learn to live with it and around it. I am not saying this to discourage you or being negative - I am just looking at the situation very practically. It is very hard to change the nature of adults. One has to accept them as they are.

Let us hope for the best and that this state of affairs is only temporary. Wishing you all happiness in life.

2 people like this.
  4. swetaamit

swetaamit New IL'ite

hey thanx for the favour satchi..
    i really admire u a lot..i have read ur blogs,thread..all are amazing.
    apart from this..
    i have requested him to change his job..lets see,,i dont think its easy to finalise things so fast..specially job fluctuations!
    actually..i am in hunt for the things or activities,so that i can keep myself occupied..
    worst thing is..i am not gtting anything,except facebook..i am getting it so much,which is obiously useless..
    sometimes i think of myself,how i am waisting my precious time :'(
    wat to say satchi?planning to read some novels..planning gettogether with friends :( :)
    though he is self centered and workaholi too..i ALWAYS try my best to take things positive,i appreciate the way he is,he is superb intelligent person,very caring and my BLACK DIAMOND :p :)
    but,yesterday he was off early,he came at 6.30 pm and we went out for shopping and eating out :D
    and it was a FRIENDSHIP DAY!
    WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY..
    I AM BLESSED WITH SUCH A LOVELY IL'S FRIENDS..
    though i can not see you friends,,but you all have beautiful heart..
    keep helping others..it might take your few minutes but can save 100 life's
    cheers!

5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swetaamit,

hey, that is good news. I am really happy that he made an effort to come home early yesterday. I am sure things will improve bit by bit and so long as you really love each other dearly, it will help pull you through the difficult times.

Good luck girl.

6. swetaamit

swetaamit New IL'ite

:)its on me how i am going to maintain this love..by having patince and positive thoughts..
    thanx a ton satchi!
    cheers!

7. swetaamit

swetaamit New IL'ite

hahaha..almost one year
    and the story continues
    he was busy then..now and i think he will always be busy

i read each and every post of this thread..just to boost me up again,cause i need this

my daughter is now 19month..(when i started this thread,she was 9month)...but situation is the same

its weekend he is still in office
    he is busy with his work now also..i am atill waiting

waiting for our good times :)