1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 12 yrs. old kid addicted to Tv/Computer games please help

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Anoo1234, May 10, 2012.

1. Sweetgirl123

Sweetgirl123 Silver IL'ite

Yes, i just wrote for awareness only. The idea of having whole family book discussion is brilliant. I will try if we can do something like that. Children on social networks must be quite a challenge, you can never inform them too early and too much about the responsibily and dangers out there. The pics and posts can be hacked and distributed to embaress them. Not to mention the predators. So scary.
    Yes its true, books are different than computer games and readings is a wonderful hobby but i guess it all depends on the individual child. For some, though they are avid readers, reading the same book twice is torture and others will read till the book loses its binding. I was just trying to say that keeping an eye on what they are reading and encouriging them to not forgt to persue other activities if they are too obessive and caught up with reading. Because it provides fantasy escape which in moderation is good but too much is out of touch with their own reality. And thats comparable with computer games.Thats just my opinion. Do you think it i am wrong with this comparison? Im not saying reading is bad or the like, just too much. I dont know, sometimes i just think reading can be used as reality escape.

2. Anoo1234

Anoo1234 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot

3. yvonnemommy

yvonnemommy New IL'ite

Computer games are not that terrible. My DD loves computer game, too.:) I registered her on an education website beestar. It including math, reading, science programs, etc. The worksheets are interesting and timed. DD does these worksheets as playing games. There are many kids form different stations using it and DD can compete with them. She has been enjoying this.
    Lisa