1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Stress Handling?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by DST, May 16, 2012.

1. DST

DST Bronze IL'ite

Dear ILites,

I'm here for some suggestion from you mommies.
    I'm in search of a job.But with 2 kids/classes/home/cooking/cleaning and everything,I'm stressed out.See,today was a very busy day for me - dropped my kids at school,applied for jobs,did some work given by my instructor,dr.appointment,went to my friends house to copy some files,cooked lunch,picked up my lil.one from school,gave her lunch,made her sleep.Then in the evening dropped and picked up my son from his class.I'm going to cook dinner,feed my kid and put them to sleep. I'm tired.Where do I find time to prepare??? I understand its my duty to do all these,but I don't know whether I need to plan or do something. Planning to bring parents from India, but only very less chances.:drowning

How do you mommies manage to land in a job after kids? Also,please give me some ideas to handle all these without stressing out. Thanks.

2. spari

spari Senior IL'ite

DST,
    Few tips here.
    1.Apply for job openings, after kids go bed.I realised that i'm wasted my morning free hours to apply for jobs , rather than preparing.
    2.Utilise the time between kids drop off/pickup to refresh your skillset.
    3.Spend little more time & stock up few dishes, so that you dont spend time much in cooking in weekdays.
    4.If you are not studying in night, find time in early mornings.I know its bit tough.This worked best for me.
    5.Avoid anysort of disturbances in your morning free hours.
    6. Be cool.Don't give up.
    All the best:thumbsup

3. DST

DST Bronze IL'ite

Spari, Thanks for your Useful tips.Regarding apply for job,I'm supposed to do in the mornings.I do utilise the time when my kids are at school.Thing is my kids summer vacation starts this month end,they need more time from then.
    Yes,I agree with your cooking tips.I usually cook fresh,have to stock up hereafter.I spend more time planning/cooking.Will work on this....I'm a night owl, not an early bird..i'm ok with that....
    Like your last 2 sentences....Thanks...need such words to stay motivated...
    Thank you again.