1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking of seperation

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sandhyas123, May 4, 2012.

1. Jyothilekha

Jyothilekha Senior IL'ite

Dear Sandhya,

BE STRONG-------------"IMMEDIATELY" talk to your parents about this issue.They need to now.

Under any circumstance physical abuse is unacceptable. Next send your sweet MIL on a vacation to MARS....Urgently.

And yes trust in the supreme power above....... he will surely set things right.

Personal Loud Thinking: [B]HE DOES NOT DESERVE THE PROPERTY[/B]

Jyothi

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  2. mithuna76

mithuna76 Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies
    Thanks for your views on my post. Am not telling the op to tolerate the abusive husband, what am trying to say is, it’s not a big problem like a drunkard Husband kicking and threatening wife nor it’s not a case like irresponsible husbands who abandon their wives on the road and many more serious issues. If she does not want to face all these problems then she should have been careful in the first place itself …why did she give him a chance? Guys can you please give me a list of persons who are not greedy or who are not money minded? I guess there is none in this world who are not greedy…..each and every one are waiting for the right time to show their real colors, so I think may be sandhya ‘s husband was that kind. I 110% accept the fact that her husband does not have any rights on sandhya’s parents property but you must note here, he is not asking it for free he is ready to pay the money(again don’t think am supporting her DH) am just pointing it out.
    I read her post thoroughly, she never said her husband is hitting or kicking....if he is really a sadist then he must have left her by now.

3. mithuna76

mithuna76 Senior IL'ite

dear satchi, from the day one of my marriage he is accusing my parents for silly things but i know how to deal him. some times i think sandya's husband is better than my dh. after sending a him a emotional email he is 50% ok now. i was not happy all these days but i have no choice than living with him because i have kids and i dont want make my kids suffer. agian am saying we are not going to gain anything after divorce. i am kind of girl who is ready to sacrifice my life just for my husband and kids, because i love them a lot.

for all your doubts please read my post"not happy"

4. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Sandhya,
    Good for you. That first step is always the hardest and it is always important to want a better quality of life for yourself. How you deal with this crisis will give your child the confidence to handle problems. By your example you will teach your child that self worth is not something given by others...it is something you foster within yourself. Kudos for being a good parent...

Besides all the other suggestions, go vist a lawyer...usually the first consult is free. In the case of abuse it helps go have a paper trail....that you have indeed tried to compromise, etc. The lawyer will tell you what is considered documentation and what isn't.

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mithuna,

No one is denying that it is in the interests of marriages and children to try and hold it together as much as possible. But when it comes to a question of snatching something by force, one has to draw a line. I just wonder whether Sandhya would be able to love and respect such a husband and if she continues living with a man for whom she has neither, I can't bear to think of the kind of life she will be living. Unless the man gives up this kind of behaviour and changes radically, I am sure it would be very difficult for her.

1 person likes this.
  6. sinvid

sinvid Junior IL'ite

Dear Sandhya,
    My prayers are with you. Please do not lose hope. I am with other ladies, please do not leave the house. Be strong and try to put your husband and inlaws in their place. All the very best.

I wanted to reply to Mithua's reply, but did not realize it got messed up. But I have the following for her reply. Following are my views.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for your views on my post. Am not telling the op to tolerate the abusive husband, what am trying to say is, it’s not a big problem like a drunkard Husband kicking and threatening wife
    I do not agree that one problem is of less magnitude than the other. Sometimes, people can hurt you worse with their words than physically hitting you (there are times, when I felt, I should have been hit than being yelled at)
    nor it’s not a case like irresponsible husbands who abandon their wives on the road and many more serious issues.
    I might be wrong here, but didn't Sandhya say that her husband is asking her to leave the house leaving the kid back? If she does not want to face all these problems then she should have been careful in the first place itself …Not sure, what she should have done differently. How can anybody be careful against a greedy husband? why did she give him a chance? Not even sure how Sandhya gave a chance to her husband? I do not think she never encouraged her husband to pester her and her parents like this. I do not think any woman, in her right sense will ever let her DH or inlaws to bother her parents. SO not sure. Guys can you please give me a list of persons who are not greedy or who are not money minded? I agree. May be a lot of people are normally greedy and money minded and after free money. Otherwise the LOTTERY industry would not have survived this long:bonk. But at what cost? Not at the cost of the happiness of another family member especillay your better half. I guess there is none in this world who are not greedy…..each and every one are waiting for the right time to show their real colors, so I think may be sandhya ‘s husband was that kind. I 110% accept the fact that her husband does not have any rights on sandhya’s parents property but you must note here, he is not asking it for free he is ready to pay the money(again don’t think am supporting her DH) am just pointing it out. If my dad bought a land for $10,000 rs ten years back and if the land prices went up due to a highway coming next to it and if the land is now ten crores, i do not think it is right for my husband to say, I will pay 10,000 rs now and your dad should give me that land. Noone in the right sense will agree that this is fair.
    I read her post thoroughly, she never said her husband is hitting or kicking....if he is really a sadist then he must have left her by now. Physical abuse is only one kind of sadism. Just being you are not being hit or kicked, does not mean, you are not in pain. Again, as Satchi, rightly stated, everyone's tolerence is different.

Dear OP,
    My prayers are with you. Please do not lose hope. I am with other ladies, please do not leave the house. Be strong and try to put your husband and inlaws in their place. All the very best.

Regards,
    Shanti.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
    2 people like this.
  7. mithuna76

mithuna76 Senior IL'ite

Ladies
    Every one has their own views, so I just wrote my opinion here and nothing more than that. I always handle the problems in a way that it should not affect my kids and my family harmony.

8. sandhyas123

sandhyas123 Junior IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Thanks for all of your responses. I am not able to post in detail and I am in a tight situation decides to lie low for next 2 days. I will come back and update my situation. Thanks for all the best wishes.

9. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Hello Sandhya Please keep you resume online/open on monster.com, indeed.com, careerbuilder.com so all employers can find it easily. In your first job don't negotiate for salary as long as you and your kid can survive on that. Please send me PM if possible with your resume. I will try to help you as much as I can. Have faith in god. This hard time will pass soon. Take care and Good luck.

1 person likes this.