IUI: Queries & suggestions!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, May 13, 2008.

1. cvsakhila

cvsakhila Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I went for my first scan for ovulation today, The Radiologist said that he cannot see any large follicles and said that the reason for this could be that the ovulation might have already started thats y he is not seeing any follicles and said I should have come on 12th day itself. When I consulted my Gyno with the reports she said then go on 12th day next month! So i asked her if I shud go on the 11th day to be on the safer side she said yes...its like she is listening to me!
    She had a very careless attitude, it was disappointing we had waited for almost 2 months for this scan.
    Can any of you tell me what day you guys got ur scanning done?

2. pinksugar

pinksugar Gold IL'ite

hi glimmer

thanks for your support.
    hope everythings going well at your side.
    baby dust to you too.

hi cvsakhila

generally they ask us to scan every alternate days starting from day 10 or day 11 and the scan goes on until ovulation occurs. for my first scan she asked me to come on day 9 itself. I dont understand why your doc waited till day 14. anyway,all the best for your cycle!

3. AkanshaA

AkanshaA Bronze IL'ite

Hi cvsakhila,

I dont understand why your doctor waited till your day 14 for this scan. Normally they do the follicular study from day 10 or 11 every alternate days till ovulation. My gynac asks me to come for scan on day 11 and when the follicles are above 17mm she gives me a HCG shot for it to rupture.

To which doctor are you going to? And how many cycles are you under treatment ?

Baby dust to you,
    Akansha

4. kooldivya

kooldivya New IL'ite

even i went for u/s on day 12th , Radiologist said she can't see any activity in my ovaries
    and on day 16,17 i got positive OPK

i am totally confused?
    can it happen --ovulation part?
    is there any possibility for pregnancy?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  5. vasudhas

vasudhas New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    How are you? I am writing after a long time. This month I have again gone for an IUI ( I had 2 IUI last year from another doc which were unsuccessful) from a leading doc in my city. This doc has given me loads of injections and medicines. On my 13th and 14th day she gave my to HCG shots and on 15th day she called me for an IUI. we went thrice that day as since morning my follicle was 21mm but it just did not extrude. She was quite bafelled but she anyways did my IUI late in the night then and she called me next day again to see the follicle situation and they by then had extruded. Do u think it was ok that she did my IUI before hand, though she told us to try naturally next day also. Also now after 14 days ( that's 10 days from today) she has told me to the blood test. Honestly I am damnnnn nervous. Also does a blood test just after 14 days tell the actual and final result..I am taking all the medicines and rest ( though she told me to be normal) What else do you think I should do? She gave me progynova- 6 tablets a day for thick lining. Does it really help and that also I am taking it vaginally and not oral as it did not suit me at all.

6. vasudhas

vasudhas New IL'ite

Please pray for us.

7. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Hi Vasudha,

Performing IUI (inserting husband's sperms) before ur follicle rupture is correct. Ideally doctors prefer the follicle to repture just before transfering sperm samples. But sperms life inside your body is longer than the egg so dont worry. in cases like your having frequent IC after IUI helps a lot.

Taking a test on D15 gives accurate results. if your doc has asked u to take an HPT then do it. if your are nervous and can hold anxiety then do HPT on D20.

Stay calms, take your prog., tablets on same time everyday for better results.
    Sincerely wishing you a BFP,
    sudha

8. reshma2010

reshma2010 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pinksugar,

I hope you are feeling better now...Please don't worry dear! Apart from treatments i know how difficult to handle DH when they are not supportive. Even my DH had lost hopes after my first IUI...He will always worry thinking negatively...All i did was spoke only positive words to him........I know at this situation we will be looking for positive words from others, but sometimes we may have to do that in our tough situation.........Don't worry dear he will be ok in few days...I hope you will succeed on your next IUI.....Leave everything to God and try to be relax...We cannot do anything other than going for the treatments....We may not know which cycle will click...God has plans for you...He will take care of you......

9. reshma2010

reshma2010 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vasudhas,

Great that your IUI went well...Yes, having IUI before the follicle rupture is a correct procedure. Even i had IUI before the follicle rupture. Try to be relax....Will pray for your success this cycle...God bless you...

10. vasudhas

vasudhas New IL'ite

Thank u guys... for ur support and blessings. My Dh and MIL are bieng very supportive. Dont want to let anyone down...