June 2011 moms

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by akijay, Oct 25, 2010.

1. showmemiss

showmemiss New IL'ite

Hello ladies,

Hope you remember me. I am logging into IL after ages. I got very busy with LO. I read all your posts but never reply. Today felt like talking to you all. Ramya, Sankana,gayu, bril.. And other mommies.. Big hello and hug.

My daughter is 9.5 months old. Name is Nandhini.she is a darling. I love to dress her. She is doing good but still has reflux issues. She is not sleeping through the night. Wakes up 4-5 times a night. Eating solids and EBF. I am going to India for 1st birthday.

We have another Indian June 2011 baby center birth club. It is called Indian june mamas. American Indians as well as mms from other parts of the world are there. It is private group. You can ask to join by giving intro.

There's an open June 2011 birth club baby centre group. Veryyyyyyy informative and extremely active.

I would live to have you all over there too.m

2. showmemiss

showmemiss New IL'ite

Indian moms living in India- do they give mmr vaccine in India? If yes at what age? Do they give at vaccine around 9 months? What other shots are part of 12-15 months? Since I will be in India, I thought maybe I can give that there. I don't have info though. Here, mmr is a debated vaccine. Link to autism debate. Any such there?

3. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Ramya, two quick questions. Keeping this one really short since I am running out of time...

Is it ok to feed the baby Idlis made from ready made batter?
    Did you start your LO with greens (spinach etc)? If so from when?

Thank you in advance...:)

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@stork if you are confident that the batter is good, then you can use it. Anyways it is goingbe steamed so it should not be a problem.

Yes. I gave her spinach last month. Somehow never got to giving it again. But I do put methi in adai. The poop will be green when you give spinach.

5. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

How have you all been? Somehow never got time to post.

@ramyaramani : how is shayna? She must have got all adjusted to the routine back home now right? How have u been? How are u sweetening her foods? Dates is a good thing to use, but its difficult to boil each time and then prepare, Is Jaggery or Kalkandu okay to use?

@ stork : Fresh home made batter is always safer, but if there is no other option, then make sure u but the fresh one n use immediately.

@showmemiss : Grt to hear from u. How is Nandhini doing? Grt to hear that u will be in india for her first year bday. Here measels vaccine is given at the completion of 9 months. Dont know if that is mmr vaccine ur talking about.

@Rekha : Welcome, Glad to hear that the bad phase for sana is over and she is keeping well now. Good that ur firm extended ur leave also. Take care.

@gayusaarathy : Welcome back. Glad to hear about shreyas .. Nice to see all the foods u have introduced to him. Infact this way if u see, I am still late in introducing many foods to vidhu.
    Her main food is ragi, with others foods for breakfast/dinner. How do u give oats? I gave oats porridge once to vidhu and immediately(within 2 hours) she had loose motions, so dint give after that.Even Vidhu wants to taste our food, but i m holding back cos she has been falling ill often, so i feel its better to go with foods she is used to...Dont know if that is correct.. What do u all think?

@Sankna: How hv u been ? Glad to hear about ur new job..How is raksha? Too bad IL is blocked in ur office. Do keep in touch when u get the time. Take care.

Vidhu has been falling ill quite often thesedays... Doc says mostly because of this summer heat.First week she had loose motions, then that subsided and within the next week she had eye infection and then by the time we put eye drops for that to go away, she had high fever. She is better now, but I am not. I am wondering how she has such less resistance to infections even with BFing... she does take formula once a day, but will that affect her immunity so badly? I dont know. I feed her twice in the mornings before i leave, and once i get back home 2 times before she goes to bed and also 1-2 times in the night. During the day she takes formula once. Shez been very mobile though and puts her hand everywhere and then puts it in her mouth when she sleeps. I clean and wipe her hands regularly when i am around. Regardless of how much we try to keep the house clean.. she falls ill. Ppl tell me that this is how they will develop immunity, but one illness reduces her weight drastically. And i m worried about her weight gain.

Otherwise, she is showing interest to eat all foods we eat.. if we have something on our plates, she wants that only. Climbs over furniture and talks new new words.. sometimes she keeps blabbering and its fun to hear them..

Take care all..

6. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@showmemiss welcome back. Good to hear about Nandhini.

@bril if vidhu has been falling ill then it is better to hold off from giving all types of food. Shayna puts everything in her mouth. Earlier I used to clean everything all the time. But now I just clean everything once a day.

My grandmother keeps telling me that the first 2 years are going to be tough. As the baby crosses a milestone then then they would usually fall sick. Don worry vidhu will soon be fine. Don't worry too much about weight gain. Just focus on her being active and healthy again.

Shayna is all settled. I still use dates as sweetening agent for rice/ragi cereal. You can soak the dates overnight in hot water. As an alternate, You can use jaggery or panakalkandu.

Hi to other moms. Looking forward to your updates.

7. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much Ramya and Bril! :)

8. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

Hello ladies,

How are you all n the babies doing?its been months since i logged into indusladies,got really busy with Rithik..Nice to see the active june 2011 thread..

My updates,
    Rithu is very very naughty these days,Crawls from room to room,pulls out everything,tv stand and the stuffs there like cds,phone,watch are his fav play things.Why this Kolaveri song is his fav now..whenever he hears it immediately giggles..In laws are likely to come by the first week of may..1st time going to stay with them for 3 long months together...

friends,any idea where do we get closed tv stand in a nominal price.i saw some in target,they were really expensive...

9. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Hi Akijay,

Nice to see ur post after a long long time. Glad to hear that ur LO is keeping u all busy :)

Very nice to hear abt his pranks :) Even vidhu likes why this kolaveri di :)

Enjoy ur days n take care.

10. lathangi.ch

lathangi.ch Bronze IL'ite

Her iron percentage is 40 and lead is undetectable.. Her paed said she is fine.

Tanvi, my mom and I, all three of us got flu couple of weeks back and we are recovering now. Last saturday we had to rush to ER, since tanvi was so ill and they confirmed its influenza and loaded her with Tamiflu(antiflu).Sadly, i was the carrier :(

Now we are doing okay..
    My updates, Tanvi finally started crawling when she is 9months old. It is so different like she sits on one leg and crawling mode with other leg.. looks so funny even for my mom :) I think she does things slowly :)