1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

One Good Character that you wanted/want to adopt!!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by swaran, May 20, 2011.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks dear sanguine for your compliments...:)
    your mil sure has some really wonderful qualities :)
    wish you speak and compliment your MIL about these qualities very soon..all the best!!!!!!!

2. aaral

aaral Silver IL'ite

One of the most impressive aspect of my in laws is their generosity and have the biggest heart. My MIL is very kind, both FIL and MIL are ready to help everybody.

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks aaral for sharing about your ILs:)
    thats really nice to know :-D

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks zainabsarfraz for your likes :-D

5. aaral

aaral Silver IL'ite

Hi Swaran,

Hope I can add one more thing which I just remembered.My MIL is always well dressed even if it is a simple saree. I am trying to look well turned out like her everyday . Another thing is no matter how late or tired she is she always leaves the kitchen spotlessly clean after every cooking . So any time you go her kitchen is super duper clean.:clap whenever I am tempted to leave the kitchen less than spotless she inspires me .

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear aaral,
    no problem at all...you can add all the good qualities of your IL as and when you remember...no restriction at all

wow so your mil not only keeps herself neat and clean but also her surroundings i believe..thats really a :wow: o :wow...
    thats really a must to follow character :-D

7. VirtuousVenus

VirtuousVenus New IL'ite

Hi Swaran,

My MIL was here with us for a month and even after she left i kept recalling few things and was getting annoyed. Your thread caught my attention and made me realise that even though there are few negative qualities, there are many positive qualities as well. Thanks to you for enlightening me :)

Here are some qualities which i like about my inlaws:

MIL - intelligent, vast knowledge on various subjects(always update with the latest), perfect planning and execution (from cooking to big investments)

FIL - helping tendency, generosity

8. spari

spari Senior IL'ite

Swaran,
    Good thread...

these qualities i like from my inlaws
    MIL:
    She is a sincere devote of lord murugar and she does fasting every shashti...I like this habbit of her

FIL:
    Optimist, helping unknown, never bribes money in govt. offices.:)

9. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear VirtuousVenus,
    I am so happy to know that this thread was able you divert your mind and think of the postives about your ILs...yes the main purpose of this thread is that...happy for that:-D
    All of us have our positives and negatives and certain times we ll have to forget the negatives of a person by thinking about his/her positives...that helps us to reduce that bad/angry feeling that we have towards that person..
    and its wonderful of you to openly accept and mention the postitives of your ILs ...thats a great thing..hats off :clap
    wow your FIL never bribes..thats awesome...
    you must feel proud of that character of your FIL :hatsoff
    thanks for sharing spari :-D

10. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

One another character that i really love in my ILs is the way they treat the guests(relatives/friends)...
    my mil is not super good in the way she keeps the house clean/neat,she is moderate but is super good in the way she handles the relaives/friends who come to our house...she makes them very comfortable and asks us(incase of our friends) what they like and what we can give them to eat...makes wonderful food and really even my side relatives like my SIL,my sister etc who have visited me after marriage feel they need to come and stay for another vacation because of my mil...she talks with them freely/nicely..mil knows her limit and talks withing that..she wakes up (if required) early than her usual time just to make any special items for the guests...she is really good..

my fil does the same and he even asks whether the guests who come to our house are comfortable using our things like soaps/shampoos at home..incase he comes to know that we dont have their brand and they are comfortbale using that only,he ll get it for them...even the eatables,my mil and fil ask what they like and immediately my fil will get them...

i do take care of the guests well(as far as i know) but not to their extent...they take care of even the smallest thing which we feel(atleast i feel its ok/they can manage)...
    which makes me wonder,"how on earth can these people think so many things about the guests(new/regular ones) who just stay for a day/two?"

one main thing is she wont expect me to stay at home(i am working) and help her when lot of relatives come(like more than 4) not even for a single day,she would manage by herself...i myself ask her what needs to be done when i am at home,what needs to be bought so that i cud be of some help to her....

hats off to my FIL and MIL

1 person likes this.