TTC with Thin PCOS- Pls advice

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Sunshinebeauty, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Sunshinebeauty

Sunshinebeauty Gold IL'ite

Hi
    I'm a thin PCOS-er with 114 lbs and 5'7 height. Im trying to conceive from the age of 24 and now it is 27.
    I tried:
    1) 6 clomid cycles- all failed.
    2) 3 IUI with Letrozole- all failed.
    3) 1 IVF-ICSI – failed.
    I did my IVF in Jan and got my periods on feb 3rd. when I went to the RE she checked me and said I have some small cysts so she asked me to come when I get my periods. On 36th day of my cycle I went for a checkup she did a scan and said I have 2 follicles and did my 4th IUI on the same day. I don’t have any hope on this cycle. After doing insemination she gave Ovidrel inj to ovulate. Im not sure whether I ovulated or not, as my BBT stayed at 97.6 for the next 3 days, after using progesterone it went little high.
    Im taking metformin 1500mg/day, One a day prenatal vitamin.
    Day by day im losing my hope, Can I able to conceive? (a big question mark).
    In between my friend is hurting me by mailing that this friend is pregnant, baby shower, baby born etc.
    I don’t know where im standing in my life. Feeling very lonely, depressed. :bonk

2. injustice

injustice Bronze IL'ite

Hi sun shine

Dont be depressed my dear.

I am sailing in same boat. Even i am aloe here.
    You know i am so frustated and became so lonely.

Dont worry dear. Progestrone helps you to maintain pregnancy. I really add you in my prayers. Progestrone gel will really keeps maintain good pregnancy.

I know how much pain ou ad with these many cycles.
    For one cycle of iui i felt so much unexplained pain.

Dont feel alone.. Be positive.

Talk to your mom. Or goodfriend who sails in our boat coz only ttc. People understands more than normal.

Hugs to you.

Take care. Dont care your friends email. You will also get time to do.

Goodluck. Dont stop progestrone.

3. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

Dear sunshinebeauty, since u go through right medications with just thin pcos did u let ur hubby checked with semen analysis? becos pcos on medication is under perfect control and give pretty much chance for ovulation every month... if u ovulate properly ur hubby must be checked for semen count and motility incase if u try naturally rightnow

4. Sunshinebeauty

Thanks Injustice for your soothing words.

5. Sunshinebeauty

Not sure whether im ovulating on my own, as my cycle varies between 32-40 days.
    My DH semen report is normal.

6. reshma2010

reshma2010 Bronze IL'ite

Hi sunshinebeauty,

Please don't worry dear! Stress is the worst enemy of ttc. So relax dear. We may not know which cycle will work. Remember your big day is on its way. Surely God will answer all your prayers.

I am not sure why ovidrel injection was given to you after IUI? You will ovulate after 36 hours of taking ovidrel shot. Normally IUI will be done after 36 hours of ovidrel shot. Please check with your doctor about this.

7. sashacurios

sashacurios Silver IL'ite

Hi sunshine... hugs to you dear... please dont stress too much... i am in the same place as you, i can understand you pain and how helpless you are feeling right now... sometines i wish i should just go away(hide) from all thesr people...
    but i realized at a point... it might take years but it will happen one day... we see and hear about ladies conceiving after years of struggle... 9 years,12 years,15 years!! and we can be one of them... but we can also be that person who got her surprise BFP yesterday! :) everything is possible... if it can happen to them why not us... dont stop believing ever and never stop trying...

If you really doubt about your ovulation... you can request your doc to do a scan after iui, or until the follicle collapse and you ovulate... my doc always does scan after my iui to make sure i ovulated...

1 person likes this.
  8. Sunshinebeauty

Thanks Reshma. In all my IUI she will be putting the ovidrel on the same day or the previous night and do my insemination. The reason she gives is before the egg releases the sperm should be in FT.
    How did your doctor do your IUI? When the ovidrel injection was given? It was a single iui or 2 in one cycle.

9. Sunshinebeauty

Thanks Sasha. I can understand stress is very danger in TTC, but im not able to forget about that. It’s going to be 5years of marriage and still struggling to find the way. My dh is very supportive but sometimes he use to feel and say why god is punishing us.

10. reshma2010

reshma2010 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sunshinebeauty,

My doctor did IUI after 36 hours of taking ovidrel shot. It was single IUI only. I was told by the doctor, that ovidrel will make you ovulate after 36 hrs of taking the shot.