1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

breakfast for kid

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by menondeepa, Mar 14, 2012.

1. menondeepa

menondeepa Junior IL'ite

hi dears,
    i'm deepa here.
    my 3 years old son is going to start nursery coming week.
    i have started training by get him up early morning.he takes half an hour to have his cereal.his bus will come 7.45.
    is 1 glass of milk is enough to fill his tummy till 10.00
    how can i arrange his timing..
    please give me advises..
    thanks in advance..
    deepa

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012

2. deepasahana

deepasahana Bronze IL'ite

hi deepa

ask him to wake up early .. put some cartoon shows and fed him..

3. menondeepa

menondeepa Junior IL'ite

thank u deepa for your sudden reply?
    have u kids in the same age?
    what can i give in the morning before going and what can i keep for his snacks box...
    please give me advises

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  4. sunita4vegasana

sunita4vegasana New IL'ite

hi deepa,
    get him up at 6.30,
    fed him milk around 6.50
    take him bath 7.00
    dress up for 10 mins.
    mean while say some thing like how he z going 2 enjoy in da school with friends and fed him some break-fast,
    when u keep on saying some thing he deffinetly eats something with out knowing that he z taking.
    thats enough time to you make him ready.
    don't get tense even he don't take anything.
    he automatically takes food(box) with his friends at school.
    bye..
    sunitha.v

5. sanabijay

sanabijay New IL'ite

Hai deepa,
    tell some stories not real one some animals which he likes or about the school and mean while you can give food.morning idli,dosa,chapathi,uppuma.... and snacks bread in different form.details you get from indus itself.put some cashew ,groudnut or some days friuts,or biscuits or chocos if he likes
    sana

6. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

dear deepa,

When my kids were yr son's age, they had to leave for school at approx. the same time. I couldnt really stuff them with breakfast for fear of them throwing up in the vehicle. So, I used to give them one big mug of milk with either complan, horlicks or bournvita [w/o sugar]. For snacks in school, i used to pack either of these :

1. Mini stuffed parathas [stuffing cud be either potato, paneer, cauliflower]
    2. Baby idlis [u can mix grated carrots / beetroots or boiled peas in the idli batter]
    3. Sandwiches with cheese n boiled egg or cheese n cucumber/tomato/lettuce. Cut the sandwiches into small n interesting shapes.
    4. Mini pizza - toppings can be vegetables of your choice.
    5. Boiled sweet corn mixed with a dash of butter
    6. Fried rice with a variety of vegetables like spring onion, peas, diced potato, carrot, capsicum [red, yellow, green]. To reduce the quantity of oil, u can boil the rice separately. Take a separate pan and lightly saute the vegetables [put a max of only 2-3 veges] in a little olive oil. Now add the boiled rice to the pan, add little salt n a dash of soya sauce n mix well. For young children the flavours have to be subtle - nothing too spicy/tangy or salty.
    7.If u r non-vegetarian, then once a week, u can give him shallow fried chicken nuggets. There r many frozen varieties available in the market. You can also subsitute them with french fries.
    8. You can also try small uttapams. Add onion,tomato, peas etc as toppings.
    9. Veg or chicken noodles is usually a favourite with children.
    10. Mixed fruit chaat. Put only a sprinkling of chaat masala - not too much.

Whatever u make, ensure that the size is small n the shape interesting. U can make use of cookie cutters available to cut the sandwiches into different shapes.

Happy cooking,

love,
    kylie

7. menondeepa

menondeepa Junior IL'ite

How can i arrange my son's routine..

hi dears,
    i'm deepa here.
    my 3 years old son is going to start nursery coming week.
    i have started training by get him up early morning.he takes half an hour to have his cereal(i 'm planning to give him cornflakes with little milk).his bus will come 7.45.
    Is 1 glass of milk is enough to fill his tummy till 10.00?( i mean without any cereal)
    how can i arrange his timing..
    please give me advises..
    thanks in advance..
    deepa

8. menondeepa

menondeepa Junior IL'ite

thank you sunitha,sana and kylie for your information..
    but, is it good to take a sudden bath with their full stomach?

9. lemonsandrinds

lemonsandrinds New IL'ite

I have recently found out with my 2.8yrs old (he goes for a Mommy &Me class)that when he wakes up he is better off taking a bath immediately and than followed with light breakfast, since not many kids like to eat alot in the morning. He is definitely not going to stuff himself with a lot of food before going to school, since psychologically he has has that anxiety of spending time in school....hence packing healthy snacks is a better idea!!!

10. dvl

dvl Silver IL'ite

Re: How can i arrange my son's routine..

Hi,

I feel something should go with milk. Different flavored cereals may be an option. Or a fruit & a glass of milk?...May be a small sandwich...with cheese or fresh vegetables like cucumber...Give him the choice. That way you can avoid struggle early in the morning :)