Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Damini!!
    I now know your weakness for rajma :drool
    The bread was heaven & I shared it with 4 cousins who did'nt wait for me to slice it, but just pulled out, one from each corner & gobbled it in no tme!!

2. Chitvish

Jiffy atta dosai is so crisp & nice!! As usual, I love it with sugar:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
    Once the apps for iPad is ready, I plan to post glute free recipes there too.
    Thanks.

3. Chitvish

Dear Rahji,
    Coming from you, a compliment for the click means a lot to me!! :)
    This is a Moulinex bread machine recipe & I did not add improver. You can google for moulinex recipes & get it there. I plan to post in apps.
    Choc & banana combo is always a winner :thumbsup

4. luz

luz New IL'ite

hello Mrs C,

I have a small doubt in the angel burfi ,u had asked to fry maida in 1/2 cup ghee until nice aroma comes. Could u tell approximate time it would take to get that flavor in medium flame. I tried it But i think i fried for a long time my end result was not white as the recipe features, was light brown in color but tasted good... I always trouble in recipes were frying ingredients until nice aroma comes as in all rava recipes...one of ur tip where u asked to add cashews along with rava and roast until the cashews turn light pink was very useful.that tip could not be followed in this recipes as there was no cashew in the recipe.Kindly advice
    thanks ,
    luz

5. kateangeline

kateangeline Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,

Love your bread loaf & caramel halwa pictures. I tried your kaima idly recipe & We loved it and even my 18 month old ate it without much fuss.

I also tried the no oil oats dosai. It is a very nice way to use oats other than the usual porridge.

I have been repeating many of your dishes like rajma curry, ghee rice, iyengar bakery sandwich, kesari, rava upma, pongal,tiffin sambhar & all the dishes are successful always.

Thank you very much for so much variety & never failing dishes.

Love & Regards,
    Kate.

6. Chitvish

Dear luz,\Always use a very shallow pan for frying; the heat should be low & not even moderate.
    There is no harm in frying along with it two cashews, if that gives you an indication. You can always eat it away :drool

7. Chitvish

Kate, my Angel,
    I know you are following my forum, from the likes you give "unfailingly" !!:thumbsup
    Y day I tried whole wheat sanswich bread & for fear of repetition & boredom to you, I am not posting the photo! :biggrin2:
    But since I have a sweet tooth, I made some
    Bread halwa
    and cannot resist eating it. Because of wheat flour it tastes yum yum!!
    Perhaps, I will garnish & post a photo!:tongue

8. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

just read the moulinex bread recipes.shall give them a try.thanks for the pointer.i have bought the bread improver recently , if i had to add the bread improver to your bread recipe .how much should i add ?is it on the flour measurement or on the whole recipe.n does the improver make a difference .your opinion on this is much appreciated.

today for breakfast is poori with alu channa masala,as always your recipe is a winner.

Thanks n love
    raji

9. Chitvish

Raji, I tried the 500 gms measurement. Since this was the first trial, I did'nt add improver.
    Try adding JUST 1 level tsp improver!! This is my own measurement; can be less but not more.
    I find that if we use silicon mould, the temperature can be slightly higher to get a nice colour.

10. Inbaroja

Inbaroja Silver IL'ite

Dear mam,

What a bread! Looks as if I am seeing it live.

Inba's return trip has been getting postponed. Finally, he is coming back after a month, on the 8th. I have started listing menu for the long due Valentine's feast. Want to try MW malai burfi. Is it ok to make it on stove top? My MW got some problem.