Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arlette

arlette New IL'ite

Re: Who am I?

good to hear from you.
    would llike to hear more from others.
    so keep posting.
    arlette

2. sharm1411

sharm1411 Junior IL'ite

Re: Hi Sharmila !

thanx nandini,

we can use it as a wall hanging and its give bright look for the paintings.

thanx
    sharmila

3. Shyamala Krishnan

Shyamala Krishnan New IL'ite

Hi Indus Ladies,

I bumped into this site while browsing the net one lazy afternoon. Looks like a great place for female bonding. I registered right away. Let me introduce myself.

I would qualify for a senior citizen in a few more years and am looking forward to it (and the benefits). My two children are married and settled in the US. I am enjoying the peace and indulging in some of the things I have always wanted to do. I am letting my creative instincts fin d expression in my jewellery which I make as a hobby. They are beautiful and I enjoy it thoroughly.

I am also spititually inclined and love to read related books and attend lectures on spiriyuality and wholistic ways of approach to life.

I am yet to explore this site fully. I am sure there will be a lot to participate and enjoy.

Best wishes :cheers

Shyama

4. patsygovender

patsygovender New IL'ite

Hi to all U lovely Indus Ladies & Guy across the world!

I am Patsy Vasanthee Govender, 33 yrs old. I am blessed with a wonderful husband & an angel of a daughter whom is 4yrs old.I was born & live in sunny South Africa...not sure if any of you have heard of my country? We had alot of Celebs from India visit our lovely country & the IIFA was also held here a while back.South Africa is a very western country, so we can easily get caught up with the western cultures & forgot about lovely traditions.I am hoping to thru this site to learn more about my culture.Here we do not celebrate Holy Day which I absolutely love, it's such a colourful celebration, I don't even know the meaning of it & the reason behind it, I hope to get educated about my culture thru this site.
    Thank you to Indus Ladies.com for making it possible for us to communicate with our brother & sisters around the world.I keep up to date in terms of my Indian culture & learn new interesting things via the internet & DSTV India, right now it's the closest I could get to my Mother Land ( INDIA). I am an internal sales person for a furniture fittings company. I love watching bollywood movies, it takes me back to my mother land which i some day hope to visit. My grandad was actually born in Madras, he still has relatives living there which I also hope to meet one day! I am very passionate about my family & friends & I love cooking & entertaining.I love all the bollywood actors & actresss'. They are all so beautiful! I think all the people from India are so beautiful.

Lots of Love,
    Patsy Govender
    South Africa

5. sunithasingari

sunithasingari New IL'ite

hi ,

i am sunitha singari, new to indusladies .
    i am 36 year old , house-wife . living in chennai.
    my educational qualification is b'com from bangalore V.V .
    i can speak kannada , tamil , telugu , english.
    my hobbies are watching movies , collection of jewels .

6. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hello Mohmmed,

Welcome to IL. Do tell us more about yourself and ask your wife to join too.

vandhana

Hi Preethi,
    Welcome on board. Glad you like this site. It does become an addiction to all of us. We would like to see active here soon.

Vandhana

Hello Sharmila,
    Welcome. You are very talented. Your fabric painting samples are very nice. Do share more of your works here in the Hobbies and Crafts forums. I hope to see you active in other forums also.

Vandhana

Hi Nandini,
    Glad to have you here. You will find that most of us are foodies here too:cheers We all love to pamper our dearest ones is it not. Indian cuisine is so vast and diversified, and hopefully in IL , we have managed to capture the variety somewhat. Hope to see you active here soon. Do check out our Blog section too.

Vandhana

7. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hello Shyamala,

Welcome to IL. There are no Senior citizens in Il here. We are all a very young, naughty, boisterous lot . So join the gang:hatsoff. We have a very active Hobbies and Crafts forum , so do share your works there. We have an excellent spiritual section anchored by Ms Chitra Vishwanathan who is also our resident " Iron chef" par excellence. So do check out those sections. And ofcourse, am sure you will have some valuable tips for all newly weds and new moms and the like

Do get active soon.

Vandhana

Hello Patsy,

A warm welcome to you. We do have a few members from South Africa too. Nice to know you and hope we can learn a lot from you about the cultures and traditions in SA. Do share with us all your experiences.
    We have a wonderful forum for Indian culture and traditions, do browse through them and post your queries.
    Vandhana

Dear Sunitha,

welcome to IL. Nice to know you. Do review all the latest movies for us NRis. Hope to see you active soon in the forums.

Vandhana

8. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hi Sunithasingari

:welcome to this great site. I too like to watch movies both on TV and on the internet. I like more romantic and family type movies and not much for action films. I heard the recent tamil movie "Pirivom Santhipom" seems to be a nice family movie. Have you seen any good movies recently? My favourite actress is Sneha and Sandhya. What about you? I will tell you more in my next message.

Have a nice day. Keep writing.

Regards
    Nirmala

9. subasrini

subasrini Bronze IL'ite

Dear all

I am subasrini , I wish you all "Happy New Year 2008", I have moved to Abudhabi since May 2006.

I was working in Chennai with a Public Limited in Systems Department.

My hobbies are cooking, browing the net, listening to Music.

catch u all later bye

10. sandhya19

sandhya19 New IL'ite

Re: Dear all

hi subahsrini,welcome to indusladies!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.