1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Less hair

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sahana2011, Oct 3, 2011.

1. sahana2011

sahana2011 Junior IL'ite

My baby is 38 days old.he is having less hair and the entire scalp is visible.when will the hair grow?Do we need to do anything for hair growth like oil massage etc?

2. shobanal

shobanal Junior IL'ite

is he having any white patches on the soft part of his head? if yes, it is called as cradle cap, which is very common in babies.
    need not worry. if there is no such patches found, again u need not worry.
    As my daughter had problem like this, doctor told not to worry. Babies growth will happen on time. We have to wait.
    just give him massage with almond oil or olive oil whenever he is supposed to take head bath.
    will get back to you, if i happen to know further abt this issue.

3. shobanal

shobanal Junior IL'ite

one more thing sahana, you need to take more protein diet. Hair needs protein.
    Try protein supplements like Mama's bect, pro pl..etc which will add protein to ur diet. It goes to ur baby thriugh ur breast milk .
    protein supplements are also very helpful for maintaining or improving lactation.

4. sahana2011

sahana2011 Junior IL'ite

thanks a lot shobana.your response saved me.Yes.he has white patches on his head.but doctor did not call it as "craddle cap" though.his paed asked to massage white patches with hard wet cloth.we are supposed to apply oil only after the white patches are gone.

thanks again for the inputs on protein diet.iam plannning to have egg for that.when will the hair grow?in how many months?will the hair fall off completely and the new hair will grow?

5. shobanal

shobanal Junior IL'ite

It will not fall off completely. but even it falls of completely new hair will grow . even my baby looked so bald when it happened to her. but now (10 months) her hair has grown and it is very thicker .
    It has no treatment , i think. Just leave it as it is. one day hair loss will stop and growth will get automatically stimulated.
    But pls dont put too much oil. oil increases the white patches.
    Try amway protein powder . I have heard its too good.(but costly).
    Because if it is in powder form we will drink daily. if it is solid food like egg we may skip.
    beauticians says hair needs protein once in 4 hours. so our duty is double. our protein intake should be enough to add protein to breastmilk.

1 person likes this.
  6. sahana2011

sahana2011 Junior IL'ite

thanks a lot shobana.so it takes atleast 10 months to grow?this is sad.you are right about eggs.I totally skip them.I would ask my paed fpr any protein supplements in powder form.thanks again.BTW,what did you do with the white patches?Did you remove them by yourself?

7. shobanal

shobanal Junior IL'ite

it cant b removed. it is much like dandruff. only way is to prevent more patches from coming out.

8. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Baby hair, baby hair.

9. nigu

nigu Silver IL'ite

Hi Sahana,
    My first kid who is 2 yrs now was born completely bald yes without a single hair in his head ..
    He actually looked very cute with bald head . Infact we used to call him little buddha .He resembled the laughing buddha that time ..
    I dont do anything for his hair to grow after some months his hair started growing and when we did his head shave he lokked with some much of hair .
    I head from my MIL that my hubby was born bald like him so I think its heriditary.
    he has lots of silky hair now ..
    So relax I dont think its a big problem .

10. nigu

nigu Silver IL'ite

Forgot to mention that son too had white patch on his head ..