1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

I'm going to India after 3 yrs..what should i buy for everybody?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by piyarustagi, Sep 26, 2011.

1. piyarustagi

piyarustagi New IL'ite

I'm going to India after 3 yrs..what should i buy for everybody?

2. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

There are lot of information onthe same topic in this forum alreay...kindly in search type the key words&should be able to put the data...

Anyway let me share my experience...

For elders...if diabetics i carried sugar substitue and knee pain oinment bengay...

For aunt and middle age ladies..i carried few micro wave box/popcorn..knife set

For uncle and middle age gents i carried perfumes and after shave lotion.shaving foams..penset..

For teenage guys..branded t-shirt,perfume.. any electronics gadgets

For girls...imitation set.perfumes...scrub..makeup set, watches...

For kids based on their age i got few dresses and toys in v-tech like laptop,rhyme book...puzzles etc.,

sindmani likes this.
  3. Sreyavas

Sreyavas Bronze IL'ite

quite useful information .., me too planning to go india after 3yrs .

thanks

4. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

Hi Piya...

U still have 3 years... Dear enjoy your time here till then.. You can think about it in the third year :)

5. madhurisatya

madhurisatya Silver IL'ite

If you have too many friends and relatives to gift . i have an idea.make assorted gift bag .To fill in you can buy scented candles, small make up sets,lipsticks, lipgloss,choclates, beads.. like this you make ur customa gift bag.

sindmani likes this.
  6. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Perfumes,watch,sunglass,digital cameras..
    chocolate
    electronic products like..ipad,mp3 players,hard drives,
    cosmetics,cosmetic tools..shampoo
    body shop/bath and body works products which are available in gift packs find also these type of products in victoria secrets..these are not available or little expensive for day to day use in india..so they will find happy
    diabetic/blood pressure kit
    tshirt,jeans,tops for girls..scarves...nowadays many are using scarves over kurtis..in chennai..you can gift branded scarves to college going cousins,young ladies..even cardigan if you know the size
    Hand bags,backpacks,wallet,belt
    kitchen products like knife set,dinner set
    toys for kids....video games,play stations

sindmani likes this.
  7. vijay4u

vijay4u New IL'ite

Hi,

I can give you tips on buying stuff from different stores which will help you to save lot of dollars. My sister used to follow this tips during her India visit and it will be helpful for you and others:

1. Perfume - Check for best perfumes for male/female.list them everything and check the ratings from amazon.com. Once you finalize,visit Outlet mall or stores in your area for perfumania stores[ ]Generic Application Error Test JSP (Item). you will save $$$ when you buy from this store. Also, check for coupons online and use it at the store.

2. Dress for family and Relatives - Again, Visit the outlet store to buy the dress. Never buy cheap dress and people in India will check for the price easily in online. My sister buy from Tommy or abercrombie or guess or Levis or other popular brands

3. Shoes - Amazon.com or outlet stores or zappos.com. compare the shoe prices online, cheap for coupons and free shipping. Dont buy cheap or unknown brands.Nike or Adidas is quite popular.

4. Watch/Wallet/letter belts - Amazon.com, Jcpenney.com, fossil.com

5. Chocolate - Walmart and target is best. buy different kinds/ taste. remember to pick low sugar or sugar free chocolate.

6. Electronic items - Clock / ipod/ mp3 players /dvd players [ buy from bestbuy or walmart or target or any retailer, remember to store the receipt. if you want to return later it will be helpful]

sindmani likes this.
  8. vijay4u

vijay4u New IL'ite

Hi,

I can give you tips on buying stuff from different stores which will help you to save lot of dollars. My sister used to follow this tips during her India visit and it will be helpful for you and others:

1. Perfume - Check for best perfumes for male/female.list them everything and check the ratings from amazon.com. Once you finalize,visit Outlet mall or stores in your area for perfumania stores[ ]Generic Application Error Test JSP (Item). you will save $$$ when you buy from this store. Also, check for coupons online and use it at the store.

2. Dress for family and Relatives - Again, Visit the outlet store to buy the dress. Never buy cheap dress and people in India will check for the price easily in online. My sister buy from Tommy or abercrombie or guess or Levis or other popular brands

3. Shoes - Amazon.com or outlet stores or zappos.com. compare the shoe prices online, cheap for coupons and free shipping. Dont buy cheap or unknown brands.Nike or Adidas is quite popular.

4. Watch/Wallet/letter belts - Amazon.com, Jcpenney.com, fossil.com

5. Chocolate - Walmart and target is best. buy different kinds/ taste. remember to pick low sugar or sugar free chocolate.

6. Electronic items - Clock / ipod/ mp3 players /dvd players [ buy from bestbuy or walmart or target or any retailer, remember to store the receipt. if you want to return later it will be helpful]