1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Do you feel homesick.....miss your country?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by adara, Mar 15, 2009.

1. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Yes, very very much.

1 person likes this.
  2. LavanyaR

LavanyaR New IL'ite

Hi all,
    tears flows down wen i read tru these posts..........It is nearly 10 months since I got married and moved to the USA(Uninterrupted Silence always)...There are so many things that I miss staying here....hope to over come the homesickness in the forthcoming years......

1 person likes this.
  3. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

liked the word "uninterrupted silence always"......I agree 100%%.. I still wonder how come everything is so silent..... and miss the noise, and bustle of activities..

This silence make me feel lonelier than ever... The only sounds are through phone, TV and youtube..

1 person likes this.
  4. alaivani

alaivani Senior IL'ite

I am an American married to an Indian. I am currently living in India a second time. I miss America but I am happy to experience India again. Yes, it's not easy to be away from home. But one of the aspects of a cross-cultural marriage is someone is always far from "home" :(...
    )
    Home is where your heart is. Part of my heart is in US, part in India. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. eternalindia

eternalindia Junior IL'ite

I have been living in US for over 20 years but still I cannot get away from the memories I have of India when I was a kid. That is how strongly the aspects of the culture has stood in my mind. It is truly one of a kind. I hope to visit India again soon

3 people like this.
  6. Sreyavas

Sreyavas Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies,

It's been 11 yrs here in US . Me too miss india a loooooooooooooooot now a days.., i want to go back to but my dh does'nt want too:( and moreover it's been over 3yrs i did not visit india.

feel lonely and sad in the Land of opportunities ...,

2 people like this.
  7. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi lavanya,

"USA(Uninterrupted Silence always)... " good one. i liked it very much.

2 people like this.
  8. magicworld

magicworld Bronze IL'ite

hi friends,
    mee toooo... entering 4 th year of finding ways to beat this loneliness and silence...
    why cant we start a chat session..... and chat with each other and make life lil more interesting.

1 person likes this.
  9. uma16

uma16 Senior IL'ite

hi yaar...
    been in us for almost 2 yrs ....and yes silence kills ....count me in too....will be gr8 to have chat everyday na?

1 person likes this.
  10. Purpleblur

Purpleblur New IL'ite

Hi ..Yes I terribly feel homesick. I've been living in the US with my family for 10 years now. I came to the U.S when I was 7 now I'm 17. When i first came here I totally had no clue and was so excited, but my older brother had been so homesick. Now as it keeps going I miss India everyday. We have visited india twice, 4 years apart and every time i return back I cry my eyes out. All of my relatives live there, my grandparents, aunts,uncles, cousins, and even though there is technology to keep in touch, its not the same...I don't even know the next time we will be visiting, so far its been 3 years since I last visited. Since my brother is in college, and i will be entering college soon, we wont be visiting anytime soon because of the expenses and loss of time for studies. It's just so hard to wait. I feel like im missing out on so much. It's so hard knowing all of cousins are getting older and hearing about them getting married :(. But now the only thing to do is just wait for a few more years...

1 person likes this.