June 2011 moms

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by akijay, Oct 25, 2010.

1. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Ramyaramani,
    I also tried feeding cereal with konjals..Smriti nicely laughs when I do that, but closes her mouth when I take spoon near her :( Smarter kids they are...

In case if she doesn't take cereal in first session, then I give her the remaining in the next session after 2 hours. I don't feed her everything in first session. All depends on her mood..Keep increasing the cereal quantity week by week if she likes taste and poops well.

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@sujatha I give Shayna a spoon. When she opens her mouth to bite it, I give her cereal. Till now I have tried to finish feeding her within 30 minutes. Have not kept it for other sessions. In fact there is only one session for cereal as of now.

@bril wow. That was fast. She must be looking even cuter. So vidhu did not have stranger anxiety?

As sankna has suggested 4 pm would be best as of now. But if you are preparing for going back to work, you can create the schedule for 7 pm.

@ramyav are you applying the cream given by the doc? Rithvik will slowly get used to the cup. At least he ites it instead of throwing the cup away.

3. sahana2011

sahana2011 Junior IL'ite

do you have success with using fenugreek/blessed thristle capsules to increase BM.I got them,yet to use it.I only pump,no BF.Hence my supply has considerably reduced over the period of time.

4. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

@Bril,
    Awww..with a small earing she will be looking even cuter..My husband is not ready to pierce Rithik's ear...
    @Ramyav,
    Try applying vaseline petroleum jelly or Johnson's baby oil gel..I am applying that regularly for rithik...
    @sankna,
    Try soraikkai koottu,urad dhal vadai..drinking more water and eating extra calories might help to keep up BM flow..to

5. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

Friends,
    Yesterday was really bad..Rithik suddenly started to cry in the morning around 2 am..we tried soothing him,I tried to offer my breasts,he refused to take it.we got scared and called 911.after we made a call to them he completely stopped crying and started playing...he din't have a bowel movement for past 2 days.I usvally give him rice and oats cereal 1 and half tbsp with BM..he was burping,passing gas often..had a relief when he had a bowel movement today..

6. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

@akijay: This also happened with us...with hard stools, they r in alot of pain...as per my moms advice, I soaked a few raisins(dried grapes) in warm water n gave him...itz best if we soak overnight n give first thing in the morning...he pooped in no time...when u r giving cereal, make sure u give some water too...Rithvik also gets constipated with rice cereal n so I give him rice cereal only about twice a week n itz mostly oatmeal cereal everyday.

7. tharashri

tharashri New IL'ite

Hi All,
    a quick ques.. Have all of you applied US passport for their LO's? Also, can you please let me know what are the identification documents to be submitted along with the application.

8. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

@tharashri,
    Minors Under Age 16
    Check this out..hope it's helpful..
    @ramyav,
    Do you feed him the soaked dry grapes or the water in the morning?I have started to give him water from yesterday..do you boil the water or directly from the brita or pur?

1 person likes this.
  9. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

I give him the raisin soaked water...dried grapes is a big NO for babies as there is a choking hazard. As for the water, so far I was giving him gerber baby water but when I tasted it today, it was not like the water we drink...coz it is fluoride treated. I boiled some of the distilled water we drink at home n gave him today...after a lot of cajoling, 0.5oz went in...

10. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Hey,

I dint go for the gunshot method because it seems they press with their ear studs in that method and we have to change later to our gold wires. Also chances of developing an infection is more because the ear lobe is punched.The traditional way was better because her ear lobes are still tender and dint need so much pressure as it comes from the gun in the punching method.
    Even i hv to take some step toward the tummy reduction, but thats the least prioirity on my mind right now :D
    Even vidhu doesnt know how to drink from sippy cup. I think flow is more and she spilt everything all over her :(