1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent help needed please...Relocating to New Jersey

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by Amritha0209, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Amritha0209

Amritha0209 New IL'ite

HI IL's,
    Since we are relocating to NJ from MD , the first thing which came to my mind for help is IL forum where I can be sure I will be guided in the right direction.Since relocation is a big PAIN and this is my first relocation with in US, I really need your expert guidance .

My husband job is going to be in Somerset NJ and my office is going to be in Manhattan NY ( near NY Penn station). This being the case, can some one please suggest the right place to settle down in NJ so that my NJ transit (Train) travel shouldn't be so long and at the same time my husband can also reach office in decent time by driving. I am looking for a good community to settle down since this is going to be along term assignment and I have a 3 year old son, so I am also looking for some good preschools in that area.

If possible you can also tell me some good apartments where I can enquire about the availability . Since this is a crucial decision , appreciate if you could help me with various options.

Thanks
    Amritha

2. Navreet

Navreet New IL'ite

best way is to take the train time table to peen station and then look for stations that is convenient to both u and your husband.

3. bhavgos

bhavgos New IL'ite

u can live in edison...clsoe to NY train station and somerset area...

4. Amritha0209

Amritha0209 New IL'ite

Hi...Thanks a lot. In that case can you please suggest some good apts in Edison which will be nearer to edison station

5. Amritha0209

Amritha0209 New IL'ite

Help Needed please- Relocating to NJ

HI IL's,

My husband job is going to be in Somerset NJ and my office is going to be near World Trade Center. This being the case, can some one please suggest the right place to settle down in NJ so that my NJ transit (Train) travel shouldn't be so long and at the same time my husband can also reach office in decent time by driving. I am looking for a good community to settle down since this is going to be along term assignment and I have a 3 year old son, so I am also looking for some good preschools in that area.

If possible you can also tell me some good apartments where I can enquire about the availability . Since this is a crucial decision , appreciate if you could help me with various options.

Thanks
    Amritha

6. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

So where will office be? Near NY Penn or WTC? If its near NY Penn, you have direct NJ transit trains from NJ to NY Penn. But if its near WTC, you'll need to take PATH train from Newark Penn Station (NJ).

You may consider living in Bridgewater (raritan valley line), Edison, Metuchen or Woodbridge/Iselin (Metropark or Woodbridge stations). Iselin or Woodbridge will give you the least travel time to NYC. Somerset will be around 30 min drive from Woodbridge.

Try bestrentnj.com (middlesex county), or craigslist (central NJ).

Indu

7. Amritha0209

Amritha0209 New IL'ite

Thanks Indu. I considered all your options and I felt that North east corridor line will be much better compared to others while travelling to WTC. That being the case I narrowed down to residing at either Edison,Metropark or Woodbridge area which might be having metro stations near to the apts. I googled a few apartments in Edison area and seeing some good reviews on Oxford arms .Unless until I see other apartments like Blueberry,Rivendell etc I won't be able to decide on it. Also since travel from Metropark saves me 10 mins comparing to travel from Edison to WTC , I need some good apts near Metropark stations.I tried googling it,but couldn't find anything really good. Since I have a 3yr old son, I am also looking for some good preschools .So pleases IL's if you know some,please let me know so that I can explore that options too.Same holds good for Woodbridge area also .

Thanks
    Amritha

8. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Woodbridge Commons Condos are good. Just try in craigslist (central NJ) with keyword 'woodbridge commons'. I just did a quick search and found one match.

2BR / 1 B Condo for rent in Iselin, NJ

The area near Metropark in Iselin. There are few apartments near to Metropark where lots of indian live, but I'm not sure about the quality. Most apartments here are too old. I've lived in Woodbridge Center Plaza and know its good, but a little expensive. Many indians live in Woodbridge Terrace too (but no washer/dryer in unit)

Woodbridge too has a train station serving NJCL line (New Jersey Coastal Line). You get trains to Newark Penn or New York Penn stations from Woodbridge. But the train frequency is low compared to NEC line (serving Metropark, Metuchen and Edison stations).

9. Amritha0209

Amritha0209 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot. Since I will be the one travelling to WTC I would prefer NEC over NJCL since the frequencies are more and I did find some apts in Edison/Metropark which have free shuttle facilities to the stations and washer/dryer in the unit. One thing I need to know is how goods these are and if any IL's living in apts like (Rivendell/Oak tree/Blueberry/Oxford arms) can share their experiences and contacts it would be very useful for me in deciding further as I would have a first hand information.

Thanks
    Amritha

10. devips27

devips27 New IL'ite

You can try woodbridge village in avenel..it has got free shuttle to rahway station for both Northeast and Jersey Coast Lines.