1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Acne Journey!

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by uma321, Nov 8, 2011.

1. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks so much Vnbaby. This was the first time I bought 3 step acne kit. Its a clinique kit. It's quite expensive and has good reviews. Let me see how it works.

Besides that I stopped using the chemicals on my face. I apply Jojobe oil on face at night and moisturizer in the morning. I also use tinted moisturizer on my face (it's a replacement of foundation and other make up items). I've been using it for over 6 months now. I'd say its way better than any foundation. I use Aveeno brand.

Yogurt mask has always been working well for me. If I apply continuously, I get compliments for my skin. So, I try to apply it whenenver i can.

Besides one breakout on my face, it looks clean. I think Jojobe oil works well. Hoping that I'll get a spotless face soon. :)

2. SriVen

SriVen Silver IL'ite

From Last winter I am also suffering by the acne problem.I also applied a lot.Nothing works.I consulted with doctor.She told me that due to infection.For that we need to take antibiotics.While I was in India i used to apply erithromycin oinment.It worked.But it is antibiotic.Here we won't get it with out prescription.Now my doctor prescribed me minocycline tablet.I will give feedback after one month.It is better to consult doctor regarding this.

Thanks
    SriVen

3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

I totally agree with you on this statement....I dont beleive in that 3 step too..I have tried enough and am just sticking to jojoba oil or some natural oils but not natural products (store bought chemical ones sold in hte name of organic/natural)

4. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

I too had the very severe problem of acne from the age of twelve ...at that time my mom thought that it was due to the hormonal changes and just left it like that ..and day by day it started to increase and started getting suggestions from everyone around to do n no.of things for the face....
    First i started to apply a home made powder pack which was given by one of my well wishers and it did have a good impact and the pimples reduced...but after few months it again started ...
    Then i met one of the beautician and she said that i have to change the soap ..and did that as well ...but no use ...then she said i have too many black and white heads which is causing the acne and said that she will remove it ..and i said to that as well ...but that used to hurt a lot and stopped it...

But i never used to apply any cream or any chemicals on to my face ....and started using only besan for washing my face ....but still the acne came back ...
    At last i actually went to a doctor and he gave a very good treatment for my acne ..and the day one itself he said that it will take three months to clear the acne ...and i should follow the instructions given by him without fail ...and i agreed to it ...

he gave me a cream called erytop and also a soap called acnelak which actually made wonders to my acne ...with in three months my face became clear ....:)

Now once in a while i get one or two pimples ...but i apply the same cream ..and it goes off ....

But I have lot of pores on my face .i donno how to treat that ...

5. pavi403

pavi403 New IL'ite

Thanks Srividya for this. Can you tell me how to use Jojoba oil and when can I use it. Also, I have lot of pimples and scars on my back. Its only in the place where skin can be seen if I wear a sari blouse :bonk
    I go to work, so anything I can do after I come home or before going to office, I will surely give it a try.

6. janmbi

janmbi Senior IL'ite

Hi Uma,
    I used to suffer from severe acne for many years . After so many treatments i just left it alone and last year i got fed up with the scars and the treatments for those i decided again to consult a dermatologist. And yes adult acne and teen acne are one and the same. The difference between both is the hormone and stress levels involved. The doctor gave me 3 options one is only using ointment which will cure the acne only 45% and will reoccur anytime. Option 2: a mild tablet + ointment and the % is only 60% and Option 3 : only tablet and % for cure is 95% and the re-occurance of acne is only rare. I opted for the tablet ofcourse and the course of the treatment was abt 5 months for me and yes the doc said the same to me as urs which is the acne will be severe in the first 2 months then it ll reduce. And now my skin is clear and acne free and i would recommend it for others too. But the span of treatment will differ from a person to person according to severity. But when undergoing treatment and even after 2 to 3 months after the completion of the treatment the major disadantage is tanning of ur skin when exposed to sun even for a minute or too.

I have tried jajoba oil and teatree oil both are gud for scars but it doesnt reduce acne though

Regards
    Janani Kannan

7. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

You're totally right Janani!

My acne is not cleared even after using Jojobe oil. I think it only moisturizes my skin.

I'm using Clinique 3 step process right now. But so far nothing is changed. I'll wait for another 15 days to see if there is an improvement and make decision on whether to go with doctor's prescription or not.

By the way, my best friend's name is Janani :)

8. selene

selene Silver IL'ite

Hi Janani ,

I too am suffering from Acne for past 5-6 years and after having a baby recently due to the hormonal imbalance my skin has undergone from being okay to really really bad with huge pimples all over my face and lots of marks from previous pimples. I try my best not to break any pimple but still scar remains on my face once the pimples go away.

I tried a dermatologist earlier for taking acne treatment, but all he gave me was some creams and face washes to be applied on skin. Also i just didnt see any better results other than my skin getting dry.Hence i had lost hope in that and wanted to go for homeopathy treatment which can be very time consuming.

Can you please help me choose the right treatment for myself by answering couple of questions for me
    1) has pimple eruption reduced for you after taking a 5 month long treatment. Or still better - has it completly stopped.
    2) Have you taken any chemical peels or derma roller treatments?
    3) did your doc say what the cause of acne is ? I suspect mine to be hormonal imbalance only and if the dermatologist gives me hormonal tablets i am not sure what will be its long term effects?
    4) this tea tree oil you mentioned, does it fade away the old pimple marks as well?
    I am really sorry for bombaring you with so many questions but i am really desperate in starting my treatment at the earliest .
    thanks & regards,
    Selene.

Uma,
    sorry for using your thread ,but desperately seeking help regards acne treatment.
    -cheers Selene

9. sweetpinks

sweetpinks New IL'ite

hey dear just try clinagel cream,its best for acne...even i had acne problem a yr b4 and i used it,it was awsome and got positive result in few days and also works best for dark spot....Des days got bit dark spot so planning to buy it today itself,and will repost u again if d result is still d same..

10. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

how to use jojoba oil..i had pimple..now i don't have pimples but scars looking bad...how to apply jojoba oil?