Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear lijo,
    Tell me, where are the maaladu photos???:hide:
    From an interested cook, you have raised yourself to a great cook!!:thumbsup
    I am very happy with your Fbs. But please maintain the tempo :biggrin2:

2. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Salad with Olive-mustard dressing, way too simple;
    Cut all ur salad vegies Peppers (yellow, green, red, orange) Lettuce leaves, marrow, cucumber, carrots, red raddisn, few green, cellery and black olives! Make a dressing of 4 table sp. extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon of Vinegar (or lemon juice), pepper, salt, Mustard sauce (2 tbs). Mix the dressing to the veggies, serve cold!!!

3. lijo

lijo Silver IL'ite

image20111109_160144.jpg

Made ribbon pakoda with fresh besan (method one). Came out very well.
    Maaladu dabba vanished before I could click a picture. Need to see if one or two are left. Otherwise I'll make a batch soon. Thank you ma'am for the compliment. Means a lot to me.

10 people like this.
  4. lijo

lijo Silver IL'ite

image20111109_172449.jpg

here is the maaladu picture ma'am. This was made with fresh besan again and the flavour is amazing. DS is munching on the one I just clicked.

7 people like this.
  5. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Chitummaa...

Here is today's special which i wanted to do from the time i was back from vacation... when ever i see liquid glucose and cms and gmc i feel like its asking me when are going to use me... atlast the day has come... friends bought lot of chocolates and a huge pack of dark chocolates so decided to do today... i was beating with the egg beater hand was paining badly... soon i need to buy a hand blender... but did'nt leave it... i was happy with the texture it would have been better if i used electric blender... thanks for these precious interesting moments... its really a great pleasure and thrill to do certain items at home... this time i had all the ingredients for ice cream... so here is my double chocolate ice cream for you specially... My little one loves only chocolate flavour....

recently i also got fresh yeast from supermarket planning to buy a new oven so before that i bought this fresh yeast and kept in the fridge should i keep in deep freezer...

Attached Files:

7 people like this.
  6. lijo

lijo Silver IL'ite

:2thumbsup: Wow Vahee - finally that's a chilling chocolatey suspense unfolding! So tempting. You had a feast looks like. Buy a hand blender, it makes this job so easy and smooth.

7. Chitvish

Great, great photos,lijo -- one great for each photo:thumbsup
    You take at a slanting angle just like dear Babyraji!!
    The photos are too good! All these go to my apps :)
    Either you are a great photographer already or you have a hitec camera! :biggrin2:

8. lijo

lijo Silver IL'ite

Its a very ordinary phone camera ma'am. Thank you. Missing Raji! Her pictures were so good that I felt like trying them right away.

9. kateangeline

kateangeline Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,

Hope you are doing well. I have repeated many of your dishes & tried a few new recipes too. I login to browse your forum without fail. But when I sit down to send you a long feedback, my active toddler distracts me.Today I was determined to tell a quick hello to you without fail.

I have repeated many of your dishes- Iyengar bakery toast, rava upma, masala kichadi, araichuvitta sambhar, rajma , mulagootal, hotel sambhar, tiffin sambhar' udipi sambhar, kadai paneer, paneer tikka etc are a few regularly repeated dishes.

I made your milk halwa, spoon halwa & thenguzhal for diwali. It was well appreciated by my friends & hubby who doesn't eat sweets usually. The recipes were fool proof & I enjoyed making them.

I have also tried your nellai vendhaya kal dosai, tur dal oothappam, masoor dhal dosai, pesaret, masala dosai, kovil dosai & all the other dosai varieties.

Thank you very much for giving us so many varieties. My only regret is I don't have a cell phone to access all your new recipes. Thanks once again for everything.

Love & Regards,
    Kate.

10. Chitvish

If you use an ordinary camera, then magic is in your hands :thumbsup