Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

Dear Maami,

I tried to make Amrit Peda with sugar alcohol and it was a disaster. I have to figure out the tweaks to make it with sugar alcohol I guess. We made Thenkuzhal and Omappodi.

I made chinese fried rice and gobi manchurian over the weekend for Athmika's third month birthday. I also made ice cream using First Ice cream base(2). It came out very well and I have decided not to buy icecream from stores :)

I am thinking of asking my in-laws to get CMC and GMS from chennai. Does adding CMC and GMS increase the creaminess of the icecream?

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Vahee, my hearties congrats!! I feel you have done me proud besides the way you have done your mom so!!
    I can also make out how happy & thrilled S is, abut you!:thumbsup
    I remember your spread to iyerviji - the photo you posted. I see that you love to host people (without grumbling) & enjoy it too!!:) Your breed is rare, Vahee & pray God bless you abundantly :bowdown

3. Chitvish

lijo, yet another scoring photo!:thumbsup
    Your photos look so natural, without any extra light. Just be informed, I am "grabbing" allyour photos for my Apps!!
    Ippadi akarathukunee than main reason!!:)
    Unless you decide to change, you cannot change!

4. Chitvish

Dear Rojapoo,
    Nalam. Nalam ariya avaa!!:)
    I love such meal combos! :drool
    But curd rice with a kutti pickle is a must to taper off! :biggrin2:

My Hi to Inba for making your sickness, enjoyable!:rotfl

5. Chitvish

Aswini, sugar alcohol, being new to me, I am not competent to advise you about tweaks!!
    Thanks for the FBs.
    Both CMC & alcohol give "stability" & fluffiness (only) to the ice cream & the ice cream becomes absolutely creamy with very little cream ( I use non-dairy cream). Plese see the recipe - GMS is needed much more. So for every carton of CMC, you need perhaps 4 of GMS!!
    Take care.

6. lijo

lijo Silver IL'ite

All yours ma'am... all because of you :)

7. shyamalashiva

shyamalashiva Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra mam,

Hope you are doing very well.. We are almost settled now and I made a few things for Diwali, which I wanted to share with you. I made Kaju Katli, Badam Halwa, Thenkuzal, Laddus, Dry Fruits Burfi and Gulab Jamun with Khoa. Everything came out very well except the Gulab Jamun cos I think the khoa (or mawa as they sell it here) (are they both the same??) wasnt really natural. The gulab jamun collapsed..but still tasty. I gave out sweets to my neighbours and my daughter's teachers who all gave excellent feedback. Thank you! Sorry for late feedbacks, but here things a little busy for me!

I keep exploring new ideas and try out different recipes which I see on TV or read, which dont always come out well, but I think the confidence to even try out something is cos of you and all your foolproof recipes. Thanks to u for everything.

Take care.
    Love
    Shyamala

1 person likes this.
  8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I made yellow gravy and white gravy and prserved in freezer. I made subji with cooker vegs and yellow gravy and it was taken well by R. These pastes are such a great help. I am planning tomake karamani with jain gravy for lunch today for myself. Boiled beans is ready, I will just put both in cooker and give a whistle (literally).

1 person likes this.
  9. lijo

lijo Silver IL'ite

VLR, Archana, Deeparah, Anu, Vahee and Roja - Thank you. I'm all :)s

10. Chitvish

No problem. Mistakes do happen.
    In 1 tsp oil,fry onions or whatever tadka you want; add gravy, very little salt & simmer. Add paneer pieces, simmer forfew mtes, switch off. Add little malai or butter(optional),keep it covered for the paneer to absorb all flavours.