Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Inbaroja

Inbaroja Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

I really missed going thru all the pages of 'The faces...'. I just saw the first page as I didn't want to take too much of rights and time in her id. You mindread me. I am touched by this wonderful gesture. Nice seeing both of them. As I see them I recall their baking FBs. May be because I am so eager to get into the world of baking :) and they have already excelled.

Hope you saw my FB for Angel Burfi here.

2. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

Dear Maami,

Made dosa spring roll yesterday. It came out really good. I made them in my dosa griddle and they came out super crisp.

I downloaded the premium version app. It rocks! I am so glad to have all your recipes in my fingertips always. What a boon!

Thanks a lot,
    Aswini

3. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,
    Its been a while and trying to catch with all the new recipes and posts. Went through the tips section and made tamarind paste yesterday. very easy and handy!
    Also dried and stored mint for future use as now it is getting cold here. will try the methi leaves next. this method is soo easy .Thanks so much!

I have a doubt regarding somas sweet. do we have to powder the pottukadalai coarsely?
    Love,
    Chaaral

4. Chitra Anand

Chitra Anand Bronze IL'ite

Dear NS,
    My namaskarams to you.It has been a while since I posted here.My job keeps me so busy.I haven't forgotten you or the forum.I really miss you.I made dates mysorepak and it came out excellent.Thanks for everything.I pray to God that you keep posting here always and have a healthy life ahead.

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Vahee, I have given sabudhana kichdi ion stove top also :) That s my somberi tiffin!! :biggrin2:
    It was so nice of your MIl to phone up & tell me about the new arrivals in the family!!:)

1 person likes this.
  6. Chitvish

Roja Roja, I almost missed this post - thanks for the pointrer!!
    It is very good that you got angel burfi right by capturing the one string patham. Not an easy job, though!!:thumbsup
    But please try only small quantities at a time or best results. You can try no cook apple pedas in SBS forum, padu easy!! There is a 10 mte wheat halwa towards the end in recipe index. They are all fool proof.

7. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra madam;

It was Ammini Kozhkkatai's with onion chutney; hot hot bru coffee for breakfast.. Needless to say what a lovely breakfast; it was :))
    I used idiappam flour for it.
    Yesterday made Bajji (with onion and capsicum) for evening snack. It was flufflier and crisp...

I am thinking about making puran poli for diwali. But it seems so complicated for me :)
    Thank you

8. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

Dear Maami,

Made kesar khaju roll from your app successfully !! It was too good. Had a hard time stopping shiva from finishing it all. Amma liked it too and asked for the recipe.

I bought sugar alcohol for making sugarfree sweets. I am not sure if I can make sugar syrup based sweet with it.looking for some other easy sweet. I am searching your app and there are so many. Hard to decide.If anything comes to your mind, please tellme.

Thanks,
    Aswini

9. Chitvish

Deear Nitha, You did it right - idiyappam podi is multipurpose!! Last week I made the same AK with it!!Is not bajji one of "A few of my favourite things"???
    Use FP for poli dough kneading & keep immersed in oil for 2 hrs. Then it is just a breeze!! Maake the puran moisture free aswell.

10. Chitvish

Aswini, I am so happy to read your Fb!!
    I suggest chocolate Ganache sandesh - I used low fat cream or try Kesar sondesh. All with low fat milk.
    Or make one with dry fruits -anjeer mava matki.Did yoou see kaju chameli??
    They are all easy.