1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Switch Cream - When ?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Mellow, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Mellow

Mellow New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I used to apply Johnsons Baby Lotion to my LO from birth to 2 years old, all over her body including face. Then May be from after from like 2 and 1/2 years I started applying Aveeno Moisturizer ( the adult one - the one we used for ourselves ) all over her body. This switch was made I am not sure why. I did not read nor research nor ask the Ped.
    But yesterday I was a little scared and started sweating over it. Now my LO is 3 yrs old.

1. Can you please tell me at what age did you guys change the Brand / Cream for your LO from Baby lotion to something else ?

2. Or should we keep applying Baby lotion for some more years ?

3. If you have switched your LO's lotion then please tell me which brand of lotion or cream do you use ?

4. Also should 2 different creams be used for body and face ?

Thanks,
    Mellow

2. rnair

rnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Mellow,

My daughter who is almost 3 and my 4 1/2 yr old son stopped the johnsons baby lotion like after 2 yrs.
    Even i don't remember why i switched. :p
    They now use Cetaphil and occasionally Lubriderm in the winters( for face and legs, to be specific)
    I think if the kids are okay , there is no worry.
    Also , I use the johnsons oil after bath regularly and plan to continue to do so for few more years.

Take Care

3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Mellow,

Use the cream best suited for your LO. If the cream you are using is suiting her, then continue with it.

I used Johnson's baby cream till my daughter reached 13-14months. But later her skin started becoming dry and the cream was not sufficient. So switched to Dove and now to Nivea.

4. Mellow

Mellow New IL'ite

Thanks for reply friends!!

5. Mellow

Mellow New IL'ite

@ rnair and orion,

Do you guys apply the same cream that you use on the body for their face too ?
    Do you apply cream all over their face; under EYES TOO ????

6. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Yes, i used the same cream for body and face as it was very mild. I do not apply the cream close to the eyes because the cream, however mild, is full of chemicals. I dont want to take any chance with the eyes. I used to give her a massage with olive oil before her bath as hers was dry skin. So not much cream was required on the face.

One more suggestion, when you are switching the cream, make sure that you do a patch test before applying on the body. This will make sure that your baby is not allergic to the cream.