Places to see in and around Bangalore on a weekend

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Anisu, Sep 23, 2011.

1. anupama1978

anupama1978 New IL'ite

There is also Ragi gudde temple on 9th block Jayanagar. stands on a huge rock it has breathtaking views.
    You can also hang out at the Shopping complex Jayanagar ona weekend .It is the most wonderful shopping place apart from the Malleshwaram 8th cross and DVG Road. They give you full shopping experience the true and typical the Blore -way :)

Also there are few malls like the Forum, Garuda,Sigma, Mantri mall etc. all wonderful places and I personally love the Mantri mall.

You can also try the Infant Jesus church in Viveknagar which has a beautiful church hall there.

Also the Shirdi Sai Baba mandir in Malleswaram is a place to visit.

2. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Thanks anupama for adding Rajgudda Anjaneya temple on to the list and also some of the famous malls in Bangalore. Now we have lot more malls in bangalore ....Forum Value Mall , Central on Sarjapur road and Jaynagar 9th Block , Royal Meenakshi mall on Bannerghatta road , Gopalan Mall and Gopalan arcade on Mysore road and many more .. :)

3. marulamuniya

marulamuniya Gold IL'ite

Very nice sum-up anisu.. :) I have visited almost all places mentioned here.. I would like to add..I'm not sure if they are already mentioned.. could not go through all responses :(
    1) Gavi gangadhareshwara temple (basavanagudi)
    2) Ramanjaneya gudda (Basavanagudi)

4. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Thanks you for peeping into this thread Marula .......and adding to the list ...

Yeah Gavi gangadhareshwara temple near ramakrishan ashram. The sunlight direclty falls on to the linga on the day of sankranthi here. SO there is a huge crowd that day.

And Ramanjneya Gudda in Hanumanthnagar ..is also a beautiful temple ....

Adding more to the list of temples :

Anjaneya and mahalakshmi Temple in Mahalakshmi layout very close to Iskon .

5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anisu,
    Very good listing I have not seen those you have mentioned will make note of it n see them...though I have been to mekedatu very nice place... what about muthyala madivu....,
    Ramanjaneya gudda is known as Ananda Nilaya...Gavi Gangadhareshwara temple is not near RK Mutt but its in gavipuram guttada halli.... Subrahmanya Temple on 50ft road Hanumantha nagar is worth a visit...also the famous Bull Temple n ground nut fare (Kadlekayi Parishe... which takes place annually on last Monday of Karthika Masa) are worth a visit....but inside Blore....

6. aries21

aries21 New IL'ite

Dear Anisu,
    A nice informative thread. I would like to add on few more-
    Raagigudda temple in jayanagar 9th block, a very famous temple with a beautiful environment to relax in the evenings.
    Dodda ganesha temple and bull temple in Basavanagudi (South Bangalore)- are also very famous . You must visit these temples if you are in b'lore :)

Cheers

7. nvathsala

nvathsala Silver IL'ite

hi friends, we visited the Siva temple. the statue is a big one but the surrounding is not so good. in the ISCON temple ,the ppl r forced to cross the stalls after seeing the Lord.It is not so good. many of us go to temple to see the God only. But there v r compelled n tempted to buy something from the stalls on the path of exit

8. Mohithe

Mohithe New IL'ite

Rajarajeshwari Amman Temple
    Nimishamba Temple

This Temples are Near My aunty house ,itz 2 good , I have visited Many times :)

9. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Thanks VJB for droppping in here .. :)

Yeah Muthyala maduvu (pearl valley) is again a nice place near bangalore for a day's trip .....and the places you have mentioned are definitely worth a visit ....

10. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Aries21 for adding these to the list ...and yes i have visited them several times ....